Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question About LAN's 787s

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2014, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Question About LAN's 787s

Still learning about LAN airlines as I prepare for a trip to South America...

My outbound flight is coach, LAX to Lima aboard a 787. When I go to "Select My Seat" on the LAN website, the map shows a 3, 3, 3 configuration from rows 12 to 44. Rows 29, 43, and 44 have only 3 seats each in them. The rest are 3, 3, 3.

But when I look up my flight on Seat Guru, it shows only 36 rows, so obviously this 787 is configured differently than some others. I tried looking for any and all seat maps of 787s that have 44 rows to match LAN's configuration, but I can't find any. Just looking for a little extra legroom if possible.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 10:05 am

Programs: LATAM PASS Black Signature, AA EXP 3MM, BA Blue
Originally Posted by cheaptom
Still learning about LAN airlines as I prepare for a trip to South America...

My outbound flight is coach, LAX to Lima aboard a 787. When I go to "Select My Seat" on the LAN website, the map shows a 3, 3, 3 configuration from rows 12 to 44. Rows 29, 43, and 44 have only 3 seats each in them. The rest are 3, 3, 3.

But when I look up my flight on Seat Guru, it shows only 36 rows, so obviously this 787 is configured differently than some others. I tried looking for any and all seat maps of 787s that have 44 rows to match LAN's configuration, but I can't find any. Just looking for a little extra legroom if possible.
Your booked on the 787-9. For extra legroom see if you can grab a seat either in Row 12 or Row 30 which are the bulkhead rows.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Thank you SCL. Sure enough, rows 12 and 30 are blocked for seat selection, and I cannot choose them. Which means you are correct and they are bulkhead/exit seats.

I'm still trying to find a seat map of the LAN 787-9 on Seat Guru or similar, so at least I can see if other seats are suggested or not recommended. Thanks again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.