Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Flight status information always indicates "ON TIME"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2014, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold

Why does LAN always indicate all their flights are ON TIME when in fact, sometimes they are early or late.

it seems they update the information only AFTER the flights have landed...

Specifically I am referring to flights into LAX
Old Oct 2, 2014, 4:39 pm

Programs: OW Emerald SPG Platinum/Lifetime Gold
The Latin American concept of "TIME" is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma. Trying to understand it could make your brain explode.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 7:56 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by postular
The Latin American concept of "TIME" is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma. Trying to understand it could make your brain explode.
Whilst your answer is more comical than my attempt. I think they are simply liars. It ties in to their on-time ratings. I have seen boards in airports for LAN flights showing as on-time when the plane had not even left the previous airport 2 hours away.

According to this page LAN is the most punctual airline in Colombia. I don't think that is necessarily true, they are definitely the best at lying and wangling the stats though.

Another trick is if a delay builds up, simply change the scheduled departure time so it is on time again
Old Oct 5, 2014, 4:29 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Agreed, but it works the other way too. I had a flight rescheduled weeks before changing to 10 minutes earlier. At the airport the flight was shown to be “delayed”. Why, I asked. Oh, because of the schedule change it shows delayed but it is on the new scheduled time OK. And it was.

I have also noticed even if we depart late we can still arrive on time because of the flex LAN builds into some flight times.

(Note industry standard defines on time as being within 15 minutes of scheduled.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.