Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Where can I unload my gun at LIM?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2013, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others

Well, south end behind the staircase. Look for these signs:

Old Feb 15, 2013, 5:36 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
In the back garden, setting off all the perros in the neightbourhood.

Or if you really want to shoot, I can put you in touch with some people....
Old Feb 16, 2013, 2:11 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Of course.

We would not want any of those firearms in the airport, AFTER they have passed by the first manned vehicle security check point outside. . .

^
Old Feb 16, 2013, 4:36 pm

The entry security at the car park always seemed to be a bit of waste of time - and I don't think they search for weapons. At least they've never found any when I've gone through Besides, you can walk in and out (at least you used to be able) without a security check
Old Feb 16, 2013, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Yeah, that is just a check to ensure drivers have correct papers. But nonetheless, I always walk in with my gun(s) to avoid hassles, especially now I know where I can unload the bullets inside the airport. So when they scan my gun(s) at security I can simply give them my very best gringo smile while telling them "don't worry, I unloaded the bullets at the official unloading station!". That would work, right?

(Really, that is the most bizarre sign I have ever seen in any airport. Still shaking my head in bewilderment).
Old Feb 17, 2013, 4:49 am

Programs: BA Silver, LH SEN
Why unload your guns?
Old Feb 17, 2013, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
Yeah, that is just a check to ensure drivers have correct papers. But nonetheless, I always walk in with my gun(s) to avoid hassles, especially now I know where I can unload the bullets inside the airport. So when they scan my gun(s) at security I can simply give them my very best gringo smile while telling them "don't worry, I unloaded the bullets at the official unloading station!". That would work, right?

(Really, that is the most bizarre sign I have ever seen in any airport. Still shaking my head in bewilderment).
Then again - with a level of gun ownership which makes the US look like the Peace Corps has taken over it doens't really surprise me. I seem to remember there was a procedure to register your weapon with the airline, which would take it from you, transport it with you on the aircraft, and return it to you at your destination - hence the need to discharge the weapon before handing it over.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 2:33 pm

Programs: LH [FTL]
With LIM being a big airport, these signs are quite unusual. But on smaller airports, I also saw strange signs. Only a few years ago, the security screening at Atiu Airport (Cook Islands) consisted of only the following sign:
Old Mar 11, 2013, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Well, couldn't find any guns so the bullet bin must be working!
But lots of dangerous utility knives, scissors, a poison dart blow gun or two, blender cutter, hammer, drill bits, and sundry tools for home construction (or air plane deconstruction) and few mean looking machetes.... but no guns.
Must be working.

Old Mar 12, 2013, 11:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by BlackBerryAddict
The entry security at the car park always seemed to be a bit of waste of time - and I don't think they search for weapons. At least they've never found any when I've gone through Besides, you can walk in and out (at least you used to be able) without a security check
This is mainly a throwback to the 80s/90s, when there was tight security due to terrorism. Back then they had bomb-sniffing dogs, mirrors to check under car, etc.

These days this mainly serves as an easy posting for the "elite" cops.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by CVCONDE
This is mainly a throwback to the 80s/90s, when there was tight security due to terrorism. Back then they had bomb-sniffing dogs, mirrors to check under car, etc.

These days this mainly serves as an easy posting for the "elite" cops.
Yes - remember that. And tanks pointing at my hotel room at the Sheraton.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 5:29 pm
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
Originally Posted by bingocallerb22

My father's little scissors must be still there.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 2:19 pm

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
Originally Posted by Villavic
My father's little scissors must be still there.
In the Land of Misfit Nail Clippers.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

But cannot unload my guns(s) at GYE

Cannot unload my gun(s) at GYE because they won't even let them in!

Old Apr 1, 2013, 1:47 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
2 yrs ago HEL security wouldn't let me have a frying pan in my carry-on bag. Can't really see what the problem would have been - no sharp edges, teflon coating, shiny stainless steel. They didn't say what the problem was, just that there was a problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.