Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LIM beers: Saturday 17 Dec 2011

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2011, 6:48 am

Whenever it is. Skype the Spanish roundtable!
Old Dec 14, 2011, 7:26 am
Ambassador: LATAM
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Bachovas
Whenever it is. Skype the Spanish roundtable!
If that was supposed to mean something then it was lost on me
Old Dec 14, 2011, 7:26 am

Programs: LAN Commodore
I much prefer brunch....as long as its not 100% seafood.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 11:59 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
OK Ok ok, getting close, close enough for us all to know our plans. It seems we can do a brunch amongst some of us on the 4th, k rrrrico.
Bueno, soy extranjero en Miraflores, żpuede sugerir un tiempo y un lugar con un patio y sin mariscos demasiado?
Old Dec 28, 2011, 2:27 pm

Well I doubt that there is a brunch on a Wed. We should probably consider a lunch and I think it depends on how deep the pockets are of those attending. The lunch buffet at the Marriott in Miraflores has a wide selection of food and plenty of sea food and sushi for those who enjoy that. The ambiance is also excellent. However it costs 74 soles and may be out of reach for a student studying in Europe. The referred to student might suggest an alternative if the Marriott is difficult to manage. OR since we are in Peru, the gentlemen could pick up her bill.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 4:49 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
A simple lunch would be fine for me, on a patio with some beers and friendly banter... but no problem doing more upscale if it is the consensus (and no problem being a gentleman about it either ).
As for timing, Johny should speak up here since he is the one with travel plans that day, me I am flexible.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 10:01 am
Original Poster

I need to fly at 8pm so the brunchier the lunch the better

Didn't I already say I cannot go to the Marriott since I fell off my stool and knocked all the Iberia FAs over?
Old Dec 29, 2011, 2:27 pm
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
I need to fly at 8pm so the brunchier the lunch the better

Didn't I already say I cannot go to the Marriott since I fell off my stool and knocked all the Iberia FAs over?
I believe you did. How about breakfast then? I'm sure there's somewhere where a brunch-y breakfast is available.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 3:14 pm

Most good hotels serve breakfast until 10:00 or so. I have high status at Marriott, so am most familiar with that restaurant. However I imagine that the new Westin is probably OK as would be any of the 5 star hotels such as the Swisshotel, Novotel or Miraflores Park Hotel. I am around La Molina, so obviously lunch is better for me given the Javier Prado situation in the morning. But I will be happy to sacrifice for the greater good.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Where is la Molina? I'll be at óvalo Gutiérrez.

What's this chain hotel nonsense? I want pan con chicharrón off the back of a cart sold by a wrinkly woman with a gaudy ruana.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 7:04 am

I seemed to have buffet on the brain. We could just meet up at Haiti, Tiendecita Blanca, Cafe Cafe, or Tanta or Panadaria San Antonio, at Reducto con 28 de Julio.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 9:27 am
Ambassador, LATAM

So, I may not be able to make breakfast (or anything really) on the 4th. :S If it's any consolation, I have confidence that we'll all meet eventually! I'll post again once I know what will happen that day. I do agree that San Antonio or something like that in Miraflores is a good idea.

Last edited by andreadbc; Jan 4, 2012 at 1:13 pm
Old Dec 30, 2011, 2:23 pm

Maybe this should have been mentioned in the Community Buzz thread. Might be other FTers in Lima who only fly TACA or AA.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 6:25 am
Ambassador, LATAM

Yes

Ok, I confirm that I can do breakfast tomorrow. Somewhere in/near Miraflores would be nice, so david_33's suggestions are good. (San Antonio is always nice. I've never actually been to La Tiendecita Blanca.)
Old Jan 3, 2012, 10:05 am

Tiendecita Blanca at 9:30 or 10:00?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.