Consolidated "Wynn" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Wynn" thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2005, 5:13 pm

"Resort" Rooms

After checking the website, I'm seriously considering canceling my reservation. IMHO, the colors in that room are ugly and the furniture looks cheap. Also, as someone else posted, you can't see the television when lying on the bed. I'm a bit disappointed
Old Mar 16, 2005, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by zedthedeadpoet
I just checked out the pics on the updated website.

Are they going to put those flat screen tvs on swivels? from the look of it you can only see the tv from the couch and even then you have to look off to the side, and you can't see it at all from the bed.... but i've never seen a swivel for a wall-mounted tv that big...

The floor plan for the basic room refers to an "adjustable flat screen LCD HDTV" . I assume the adjustable part of that allows viewing from the bed.

Would love to give this hotel a whirl, but I can't see it personally until the market for the Wynn product softens a bit.

Last edited by ilander; Mar 17, 2005 at 12:48 pm
Old Mar 17, 2005, 10:41 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
WSJ had an article on Wynn earlier this week and said they're opening a second resort called "Encore" across the street (Desert Inn) from Wynn Las Vegas in a little while. I believe that's across from the new Trump project underway. They're talking about suites around 1,030 square feet running $350-$400/night, and going for the higher budget travelers, even higher than Wynn will be targeting.

Apparently the investors are very happy with the idea -- they've been throwing money at the project to get it going.
Old Mar 17, 2005, 10:58 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

I'll be staying there in June. Most helpful was the CSR. She steered me away from some rooms which would face the golf course and steered me to other rooms which overlook the fountains. I was impressed with the knowledge the CSR had. Best to look at the website and than make a phone call.
Old Mar 17, 2005, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by obscure2k
I'll be staying there in June. Most helpful was the CSR. She steered me away from some rooms which would face the golf course and steered me to other rooms which overlook the fountains. I was impressed with the knowledge the CSR had. Best to look at the website and than make a phone call.
I'm curious to know what factors the CSR mentioned in making this recommendation.
Old Mar 18, 2005, 10:41 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH D, UA GS, Perm BonVoyed

Last edited by RoyalFlush; Mar 30, 2009 at 8:36 pm
Old Mar 18, 2005, 11:08 pm

Programs: GGL/GFL
Originally Posted by SQ59
After checking the website, I'm seriously considering canceling my reservation. IMHO, the colors in that room are ugly and the furniture looks cheap. Also, as someone else posted, you can't see the television when lying on the bed. I'm a bit disappointed

I have been in the rooms. The t.v.'s do swivel. They are on wall mounted brackets and you will be able to see them fine from your bed.
Old Mar 20, 2005, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That "Aqua" theater sounds really interesting.

I was at Bellagio a few months after it opened and it was a complete nightmare. The table minimums were way, way higher than they are now. How the mighty fall.

Wynn is probably going to be the same thing. I'll stop by to visit, but I'll let the dust settle before I stay or gamble there.
Old Apr 7, 2005, 9:25 am

Programs: DL
Question Opening Date Update?

Any update on when they plan to open? I will be out there in a couple weeks and would love to see it!
Old Apr 7, 2005, 9:31 am

Programs: UA 1P, AA PLT, HH Diamond, SPG PLT, MR PLT, Hertz 5*
Was in LV last weekend and the Wynn seems to be coming along nicely, very cool looking from the outside, I would be suprised if they are not ready on time.
Old Apr 7, 2005, 9:47 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I checked out the website and there doesn't seem to be any mention of a pool area. There is info on the spa/salon. One of the reasons I love to go Vegas is the pool scene on a Saturday afternoon. Anyone have info on a pool at Wynn?
Old Apr 8, 2005, 9:02 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
princess-they will have an incredible pool.
Staying this weekend at the Ren.which looks into the Wynns back yard.I will post a full review tuesday.
Old Apr 8, 2005, 9:05 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
I will be staying at the WYNN for free!

Got an offer for two FREE night at Wynn Las Vegas!(2nd weekend in May)I cannot wait!
Old Apr 8, 2005, 11:01 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
princess-they will have an incredible pool.
Staying this weekend at the Ren.which looks into the Wynns back yard.I will post a full review tuesday.
Thanks! One of the big disappointments of the Venetian is a cr*ppy pool. Hopefully Wynn won't make that mistake!

Rachel
Old Apr 9, 2005, 1:22 am
Original Member

What do you play to get this offer?

QL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.