Wiki Posts
Search

Stopover in LAS airport

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2014, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Stopover in LAS airport

Hi all

I'll be flying into LAS and out the next day - my incoming flight is on British Airways and the outgoing flight probably on AA

Is there a hotel at the airport or is it possible to be in the terminal building overnight? From previous experience there's no AA lounge in terminal 3 so that's not an option but with an incoming flight landing at 20.00 and an outgoing flight around 07.00 it barely seems worth it heading into town and getting a hotel for 8 hours

Any advice greatly appreciated
Old Dec 13, 2014, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

If you are flying on AA you will be flying out of T1 ( not T3) and will be the D gates. ( some airlines fly from T3)

Arriving internationally you will end up landside at T3 after clearing customs and you will need to get to T1.

I'm not sure if landside stays open all night ( I think it does) but you van get to the south end of the strip and some hotels in about 5mins.

I would probably look for a cheap hotel ( during the week should get you some reasonable prices unless there is a convention in town)

Regards

TBS
Old Dec 13, 2014, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Airside is open all night, but the bigger issue is that OP will have to clear immigration and customs and exit airside upon arrival at LAS, and I doubt that security will allow OP to re-enter airside with a boarding pass for 8am the next day (perhaps someone who has tried this at LAS specifically can comment). The T3/T1 isn't an issue as AA departs from D concourse, which can still be reached from the T3 security entrance. It would only be an issue if OP needs to go to the AA check-in desk.

In any case, I would strongly suggest OP attempt to find another way to the destination that doesn't involve an overnight.

Last edited by gengar; Dec 13, 2014 at 1:42 pm
Old Dec 14, 2014, 1:36 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Depending on the day of the week you're there, there may be some cheap hotels near the airport. On weekdays, hotels are often in the $30-50 range. There's also a Best Western that's usually cheap with a free airport shuttle. For 8 hours I wouldn't mind spending $50-60 on an okay place just to crash and have a shower.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 7:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by CMK10
Depending on the day of the week you're there, there may be some cheap hotels near the airport. On weekdays, hotels are often in the $30-50 range. There's also a Best Western that's usually cheap with a free airport shuttle. For 8 hours I wouldn't mind spending $50-60 on an okay place just to crash and have a shower.
I agree with this 100%.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:20 am

Hotels/motels are plenty in Vegas and you can find a decent one to your budget within a few minutes of the airport if you want to. Just double check if they offer an airport shuttle, which many do, or you will have to taxi to and from LAS.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all the advice - $60 for the Best Western with a free airport shuttle is definitely worth it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.