Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Korean Airlines - SFO-LAX-ICN-SIN

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2022, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Korean Airlines - SFO-LAX-ICN-SIN

We are going to Southeast Asia in early September and are flying Korean Airlines to Singapore. Then visiting Bali. And then going to Jakarta and flying Singapore Airlines back to SFO. A few question
1) How is LAX for transfers domestic to international - we fly SFO - LAX on Delta and then fly out of International. Is 2 1/2 hour transfer time sufficient? Do you have to go through airport security 2x (SFO and also LAX??) I seem to remember a shuttle bus takes you between terminals but it may be easier to walk.

2) We have one hour transfer time between our LAX-ICN and ICN- Singapore flights? Should that be enough time?

3) Finally, how does Korean Airlines compare to Singapore Airlines.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 8:26 pm

1) I haven't done a domestic to international transfer at LAX recently, but my understanding is that you can walk airside in between TBIT and Terminals 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8, and there's an airside shuttle between Terminals 2/3 and TBIT. I presume you're either flying DL or AS from SFO-LAX, so 2.5 hours should probably be enough time, but if it were me, I'd want a little more of a buffer to account for delays (especially coming out of SFO).

2) One hour is sufficient at ICN presuming no significant delays.

3) I think most people would agree that SQ is better than KE in most respects, but not drastically so. You haven't said what cabin you're flying in, but if you're flying in J, you'll have Apex Suites in KE which is their best J product (you may even be on a 748 from LAX-ICN), and I think some would actually prefer it to SQ's J seat, which requires you to sleep at an angle unless you're at the bulkhead. The bibimbap on KE is decent, but you'll have way more choice with Book the Cook on SQ. IFE on SQ is miles ahead of KE both in terms of content and usability. I think service is mostly comparable, although the SQ FAs will likely speak English better than the KE FAs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.