Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skypass Program Changes

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: Korean Air Morning Calm, Asiana Gold
Originally Posted by Madame R
What are the program changes regarding mileage from other Skyteam members towards status?
All flights with a KE flight number count towards status, including codeshares, regardless of whether or not the operating carrier is a Skyteam member.

Flights without a KE flight number do not count at all, even if the carrier is a Skyteam member.

Originally Posted by Madame R
Do they not count anymore?
The previous rules were a little complicated. For Morning Calm, only KE metal flights with a KE flight number counted (more restrictive than new rules). For Morning Calm Premium and Million Miler, all Skyteam flights counted (less restrictive than new rules).
Old Dec 19, 2019, 6:10 pm

Programs: Cathay, JGC
Originally Posted by ICNflyer
The previous rules were a little complicated. For Morning Calm, only KE metal flights with a KE flight number counted (more restrictive than new rules). For Morning Calm Premium and Million Miler, all Skyteam flights counted (less restrictive than new rules).
Miles earned through ST and other KE partners(including credit card spending) counted towards Morning Calm qualification?
Old Dec 19, 2019, 11:13 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by ICNflyer
All flights with a KE flight number count towards status, including codeshares, regardless of whether or not the operating carrier is a Skyteam member.

Flights without a KE flight number do not count at all, even if the carrier is a Skyteam member.

Interesting.. does it mean that if I book in AA.com from ICN-DFW I can still get the miles, or does it have to be on KE website directly??
Old Dec 20, 2019, 1:52 am

Programs: LH Sen, Skyteam Elite
Until the beginning of the new program, miles from other Skyteam members of course count towards status, although a certain number of miles have to come from KE flights. If this is no longer possible in the future, I think KE might not comply with the Skyteam agreement and/or thinking about leaving the alliance.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Skyteam Elite Plus (KE Morning Calm Premium)
I got an email saying that morning calm premium staus from life time 500,000 miles would stay except the name change to Gold Morning Calm Premium.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by poohhead80
I got an email saying that morning calm premium staus from life time 500,000 miles would stay except the name change to Gold Morning Calm Premium.
It will remain as lifetime member but only as Gold. Gold is third tier behind Diamond and Platinum.

Last edited by TerryK; Dec 20, 2019 at 7:36 pm
Old Dec 20, 2019, 7:33 pm

Programs: Skypass, IHG
You would have to fly a lot more to get to 500K miles if your Skypass is not near it already.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 6:02 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by kijhkijh
I sorta have a feeling they'll roll out PEY class after 2024... Which would make those vouchers less lucrative. Well, hope not.
The value is buying a North America-Asia or vv roundtrip J ticket for ~$1,800 and upgrading all 4 sectors to F
Old Dec 23, 2019, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Unionruler
The value is buying a North America-Asia or vv roundtrip J ticket for ~$1,800 and upgrading all 4 sectors to F
Getting little off topic here but... For like CX, SQ, JL I'd agree, but for KE I just personally don't think they have great F products. For me I'd use the vouchers to get a prestige suite out of a Y ticket. That's why I was hoping that they wouldn't be coming out with a PEY cabin. ☺
Old Dec 23, 2019, 2:19 pm

When and from where are these North America-Asia roundtrip J fares for ~$1800?
Old Dec 24, 2019, 9:51 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by princesakura
When and from where are these North America-Asia roundtrip J fares for ~$1800?
Thought these should be recent enough in memory
[Premium Fare Gone}: KE: NYC-DPS $1870 rt Business
Ke/dl SIN-ATL $2,098 SIN-PHX $1,827
Old Dec 26, 2019, 3:23 am

Too few and far between for my liking.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 3:30 am

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Platinum, ALL Platinum
On a side note, as the accrual chart changes come in April 2021 and the status bonuses only come in February 2022 this means economy tickets that currency earn 100% mileage will earn alot less. Plus no word on earnings frol Skyteam partners leads me to believe April 2021 will act as a soft deadline when it comes to earning status (for those of us who only fly KE in economy at least). I might bite the bullet and do a few trips with the cheap Saudia fares to get it done with....
Old Jan 1, 2020, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Originally Posted by Jma12
Interesting.. does it mean that if I book in AA.com from ICN-DFW I can still get the miles, or does it have to be on KE website directly??
You can book on their website and collect KE miles. Doesn't say anything about having to be booked on KE website

https://www.koreanair.com/mobile/glo...ican-airlines/
Old Jan 3, 2020, 6:50 am

Re-evaluation

Says here that KE will re-evaluate the changes they had announced for Skypass after having received the request from the Korea Fair Trade Commission.

https://n.news.naver.com/article/025...?ntype=RANKING

Most likely KE will keep the lifetime status for passengers hitting the 500k and 1m mile marks, but will push through with the new miles earning and redemption rate.

(The article is in Korean)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.