Wiki Posts
Search

Paid upgrade for one segment?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2018, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM&MM, DL KMwannabe, HH, AA, TG,
Paid upgrade for one segment?

We are flying JFK-SEA-ICN-BKK on a paID ticket with a Delta mileage awards upgrade. Apparently, KE does not honor mileage upgrades from Delta. Therefore, we are in coach from ICN to Bangkok. Does anyone have experience with the possibility of purchasing coach to business upgrades on that route?
THANKS.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Is there truly no one who know about this?
Old Dec 1, 2018, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

I am astonished that not a single person is willing/able to reply!
Old Dec 2, 2018, 4:21 pm

Because no one knows and this forum is not nearly as active as say the Delta one?

KE doesn't offer a paid upgrade at the gate. You can upgrade with Skypass miles but if you are on a DL issued ticket (which it sounds like) I highly doubt KE will touch the ticket in any case. Call and ask if it is possible..
Old Dec 3, 2018, 5:12 am
Original Poster

ThNks...better a little info than none!
thanksErik from a fellow NYer. ����
Old Dec 3, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: Skypass, IHG
Do you have Delta business class ticket or premium economy? I am assuming you were issued a business class boarding pass? You may need to contact Delta on denied access to business class if so.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 7:16 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
I was slacking off my duties! Totally forgot to keep FT in my rotation. KE is VERY old school. You will be SEVERELY limited by your Delta Award ticket as they won't wanna touch it for any kind of upgrade. Even for paid KE passenger tickets, they don't offer any kind of paid FCM upgrade. They will only flat out sell you the cost of the business upgrade by cancelling your old ticket and issuing you a new one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.