Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Changing Award Reservation Short Notice - Tips for Success?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changing Award Reservation Short Notice - Tips for Success?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2016, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Post Changing Award Reservation Short Notice - Tips for Success?

Hi all,

I have 2 passengers booked O class for JFK-ICN-TPE HAN-ICN-JFK starting 4-Nov. I would like to change my JFK-ICN flight to 2-Nov. I called customer service and they said I would have to cancel my whole booking, get award miles redeemed within 2 days, and make new reservation.

I checked the KE website for availability but there's not much or none on HAN-ICN 21-Nov and ICN-JFK 21-Nov.

Anyone been through this scenario? What's the chances of customer service cancelling booking and re-reserving seats that just became available on same phone call and we could do the award redemption when miles are credited back?

Thanks for any experience that you might have with this...

-e
Old Oct 15, 2016, 5:51 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Delta Skymiles Platinum
I went through a similar situation earlier this year on an award booking. When I called KE reservations in the USA, the agent was very helpful. He was able to book the new itinerary, even though I did not have the miles. He was able to hold it for 2 days. Then I cancelled the original booking and waited for the miles to come back to my account. They said it would take 2 days but it actually happened in a matter of hours. I was then able to confirm the revised itinerary.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for the good report. I called customer service Friday evening (EST) and the rep only offered to cancel the entire booking and would not allow reserving another flight. But I called again Saturday afternoon and the rep said he would reserve the seats on the new segment and have a Skypass rep call me back Monday to collect the extra taxes due because of the stopover. If this works out, I couldn't ask for better service!
Old Oct 17, 2016, 2:37 pm

Programs: Show me the points!
Don't overthink it.

I had trip booked for Sept 30 SYD-ICN-ATL in F and found out mid Sept that I needed to push it a week. Used web site to find new flight on Oct 7, same routing, and called to get it put on hold while I confirmed that I needed to stay another week.

When confirmation came through I went on web site, canceled Sept 30 trip and immediately paid for/booked held trip in same session on site since miles were immediately refunded.

ICN-ATL leg showed as "waitlisted" for whatever reason and then went confirmed overnight.

Process really couldn't have been easier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.