Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Korean Airlines Not for Us

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2014, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
Guarantee? Unless you personally book the whole J/F cabin or own a plane in which you offer Y/J and/or F, that's an impossible guarantee.
And I personally had the worst traveling experience while at Lufthansa`s First Class Terminal (those {ethnic reference removed by moderator - unnecessary to make poster's point} kids were nothing compare to what I had to go through). So there is absolutely NO guarantee for anything, unless you have your own plane.

Last edited by Moderator2; Dec 15, 2014 at 3:42 pm
Old Dec 13, 2014, 12:33 am

Programs: Skypass, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Asiana, Krisflyer, Etihad Guest, Velocity Rewards
End of the day if you want comfort and maybe less chance of rowdy kids fly in Business Class.

This isn't a KE issue. Will no doubt happen to you again during your travels and you won't get much sympathy anywhere.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 2:24 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Vidic15
End of the day if you want comfort and maybe less chance of rowdy kids fly in Business Class.

This isn't a KE issue. Will no doubt happen to you again during your travels and you won't get much sympathy anywhere.
yup.

And as some people have said, even then it's not a "guarantee."

OBVIOUSLY, it's not some sort of a fundamental human right to fly without being annoyed.
OBVIOUSLY, annoyances are more common in economy than in first class.

If you have a problem with those statements, I hope you find that unicorn airline in the future that's perfect and everyone is super ^
Old Dec 13, 2014, 4:55 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
I just love it when the OP signs up with a new account, makes a single posting (typically much too long and involving far too much detail) which they have obviously copied and pasted from someplace else (aka they're posting it all around, not just here), tries to use official sounding language disparaging Airline XYZ, and then never even returns to their own post, nor to Flyertalk. I mean, it really belies their credibility. I mean, will anybody really have a lower opinion of Korean Air because of this posting? Will anybody not fly with them because a DYKWIA type rants about their experience on here?

Last edited by DAV2355711; Dec 13, 2014 at 9:55 am
Old Dec 13, 2014, 5:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
May be I am missing something but if you buy an extra seat and don't board can't the airline give that seat out to someone?
Old Dec 13, 2014, 5:32 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Korean Airlines is run horribly and is in a PR nightmare right now because of it. The fact OP contacted several Senior Exec's and all went unanswered shows that the have a holyer-than-thou attitude. Karma is a nasty thing, isn't it Heather Cho?!
Old Dec 13, 2014, 8:31 am
Formerly known as HuwRLewis

Programs: DL-DM (Charter); DL-MM; Hilton: Diamond
Originally Posted by clr4t8koff
Korean Airlines is run horribly and is in a PR nightmare right now because of it. The fact OP contacted several Senior Exec's and all went unanswered shows that the have a holyer-than-thou attitude. Karma is a nasty thing, isn't it Heather Cho?!
Hmm. I wonder if all airline executives believe in Karma?? Based on much of what I see, I don't think so. Hahaha!!!
Old Dec 13, 2014, 12:16 pm

Programs: Thai Gold, UA, AA, SWA
You paid $1330 for the wrong seat. You should have bought the seat behind you.

Having said that, next time turn around and threaten the kids (in a low menacing voice, so that the parent can't hear) they would see their legs disappear if they continued kicking.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 12:20 pm
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by DAV2355711
I just love it when the OP signs up with a new account, makes a single posting (typically much too long and involving far too much detail) which they have obviously copied and pasted from someplace else (aka they're posting it all around, not just here), tries to use official sounding language disparaging Airline XYZ, and then never even returns to their own post, nor to Flyertalk. I mean, it really belies their credibility.
Not to mention the flight in question happened over a year ago..
Old Dec 13, 2014, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Rebelyell
How much extra would two business class seats have cost? On many European airlines "first class" is merely a regular seat with the middle seat blocked, along with some extra service.

Many of us have no need for extra legroom. However, the seats are so narrow that if you have to sit by a stranger it is almost certain that you will be touched constantly, something many of us find repulsive.

I've never paid extra for a "comfort seat," but the practice isn't uncommon, and for those with money it is a way to avoid unwanted touching by strangers at a price far less than that of business class.
Actually, first class on European airlines is a seperate seat, but is only available on long haul.

What you are thinking of is business class within Europe.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 1:16 pm

Programs: AF Plat a vie, EK Gold, SQ PPS
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
May be I am missing something but if you buy an extra seat and don't board can't the airline give that seat out to someone?
Agree, never heard of this before. I booked my family on a trip and last minute couldn't go and my original seat was quickly given away. Maybe the op is a POS and booked the second seat because he/she needed thr space.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 1:22 pm
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
Originally Posted by Catusa
Agree, never heard of this before. I booked my family on a trip and last minute couldn't go and my original seat was quickly given away. Maybe the op is a POS and booked the second seat because he/she needed thr space.
It is called a 'comfort seat' and won't be given away (assuming the airline correctly books it). Depending on the airline they can be quite cheap as you often do not pay taxes/fees/charges for them, and isn't just for a POS.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 1:33 pm

Programs: AF Plat a vie, EK Gold, SQ PPS
Do all airlines offer this?
Old Dec 13, 2014, 1:34 pm
Formerly known as HuwRLewis

Programs: DL-DM (Charter); DL-MM; Hilton: Diamond
Originally Posted by nux
It is called a 'comfort seat' and won't be given away (assuming the airline correctly books it). Depending on the airline they can be quite cheap as you often do not pay taxes/fees/charges for them, and isn't just for a POS.

How interesting!
Old Dec 13, 2014, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Many airlines offer this accommodation. Depending on variables it can be much cheaper than booking a business class seat. I've flown last minute for work and business class seats were either ridiculously expensive (9k to fly JFK-LHR) or sold out so I would request 2 economy seats which allowed space for work and comfort. I did have to remind the crew I had paid for both so that people weren't moved into it.

Originally Posted by nux
Another resolution (though only for the OP's family) would have been to trade rows with the family with the kicking kids. That way they could kick someone else's chairs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.