Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is it easy to get upgrade tickets?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2011, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Is it easy to get upgrade tickets?

Is it easy to buy an economy ticket and use miles to upgrade to prestige sleeper?
Saw on KE website that it needs 80k miles.

Thanks!
Old Jun 5, 2011, 6:27 am

I guess the answer to your question is "Depends'
If they have seats, you will be able to use your miles. You can do that at even at check in.

You can also ask for a paid upgrade, although this is likely going to be really expensive. I just came off a flight from ICN to BKK yesterday and we tried to upgrade my partner's ticket. They offered a rate that was the equivalent of a return economy ticket for the one way upgrade at the counter.

So, have you had any experience with upgrading whilst accumulating all those miles, allowing an 80K upgrade, or is this the first time you want to try?
Old Jun 5, 2011, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Ive only flown KE once and I like them.
So I'm trying to see if I should stick with them.

My other choice would be Asiana.
But their business class is non-lie flat out of Seattle.

Originally Posted by bkkml01
I guess the answer to your question is "Depends'
If they have seats, you will be able to use your miles. You can do that at even at check in.

You can also ask for a paid upgrade, although this is likely going to be really expensive. I just came off a flight from ICN to BKK yesterday and we tried to upgrade my partner's ticket. They offered a rate that was the equivalent of a return economy ticket for the one way upgrade at the counter.

So, have you had any experience with upgrading whilst accumulating all those miles, allowing an 80K upgrade, or is this the first time you want to try?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.