Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Choosing a hotel in Seoul

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2024, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Choosing a hotel in Seoul

We're arriving in Seoul late next week for our first visit to Korea. I currently have both the Conrad and the Andaz booked for our time in Seoul and need to cancel one. I've got both Diamond and Globalist status so that's not really a factor in my decision. Both hotels appear to be sold out for the 5 days we're there. They both seem to be about the same distance to what I'll call Central Seoul. Any reason I should pick one over the other?

Thanks!
Old Mar 23, 2024, 12:35 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AnthonyGT
We're arriving in Seoul late next week for our first visit to Korea. I currently have both the Conrad and the Andaz booked for our time in Seoul and need to cancel one. I've got both Diamond and Globalist status so that's not really a factor in my decision. Both hotels appear to be sold out for the 5 days we're there. They both seem to be about the same distance to what I'll call Central Seoul. Any reason I should pick one over the other?

Thanks!
Hi Anthony. Pleas note that this is the luxury hotel forum and neither of these are luxury hotels. So I am moving this to the appropriate geographic forum where it should get a better response.

Thanks,
RichardInSF, moderator luxury hotels and travel
Old Mar 30, 2024, 6:09 pm

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
You are probably already in Seoul now. I'm just posting this for future reference. Location-wise, the Andaz will have the advantage of being right next to the Subway station. Whereas the Conrad will be a block away from 2 stations. But if you are looking to go into Central Seoul, I think the Conrad might be easier. Taking either a bus or taxi, it is more or less a straight shot over the bridge and into downtown Seoul.

Where did you decide to stay?
Old Apr 17, 2024, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nme7
You are probably already in Seoul now. I'm just posting this for future reference. Location-wise, the Andaz will have the advantage of being right next to the Subway station. Whereas the Conrad will be a block away from 2 stations. But if you are looking to go into Central Seoul, I think the Conrad might be easier. Taking either a bus or taxi, it is more or less a straight shot over the bridge and into downtown Seoul.

Where did you decide to stay?
Just got back yesterday! We ended up choosing the Conrad for the reasons you mentioned. Between the Purple line and the Gold line, we were able to get close most of the places we wanted to see. We had a very nice stay there and would stay there again.
HawaiiO likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.