2wks in S Korea itinerary ideas?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2wks in S Korea itinerary ideas?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2021, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Talking 2wks in S Korea itinerary ideas?

We're looking at a speculative booking to S Korea (fingers crossed when quarantine will be lifted). 4 adults (self+ wife + in-laws) plus a 2 year old toddler. The in-laws are Koreans but have not lived there for years.
I want to plan a upscale trip (mostly on points) and want to see what people think is a good itinerary. So far, I'm thinking 5-6 days to Jeju Island and the remainders in Seoul with maybe a day trip out to the countryside here and there. We're not looking to do the typical tourist attractions and are okay with taking it slow traveling with a toddler.

General thoughts:
Jeju Island - stay at the new GH Jeju and rent a car (Hertz?)
I don't know if it'll be too hectic to land in ICN early morning and fly directly to CJU the same afternoon or if we should head over to Conrad for the 5 nights and then hop over to GMP-CJU.
I'm also considering GMP-CJU then fly back CJU- PUS, spend a day or 2 in Busan and take the train back up, though the family is not particularly excited about visiting Busan (I personally have never been).

Seoul - I'm thinking about 5 nights in Conrad (to use the 5th night free booking and take advantage of the Diamond status from Aspire) follow by GH Hyatt (several Cat 1-4 FNC and using my Globalist benefit for free meals). Or should I do it the other way around? I've made the mistake of staying at nicer hotel upfront and ended up making the rest of the trip pale in comparison. Would you recommend GH Hyatt first?
Location wise, I'm not too concerned - we're most likely going to travel independently (in-laws have their own agenda) and use taxi when convenient with a baby.

I'm looked into some of the neighboring province but nothing really stood out. I'm open to Suwon, Jeonju, or visit FIL's hometown in Pohang. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you!
Old Mar 24, 2021, 1:43 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Stay in Seoul when you arrive - make it easy. Don't go running off to Jeju. That's a like a big day of travel after coming from overseas.

Do 5 days in Seoul. Then go to Jeju. This new Grand Hyatt is in Jeju City - IMO it is NOT a good location. Jeju is HUGGGEEEEE and most stuff is VERY spread out. Like to get to/from Jeju City - you're looking at 1-1.5 hours ONE WAY to visit various attractions. That would be exhausting. You need to stay somewhere south or east or west close to the stuff you want to do. Like the resorts in the southern area are good because they're kind of "central" to all the stuff IMO. Try and split up like 2 nights one place, 2 nights another.

Busan is a good city but after a lot of traveling might not feel "too different." I think it's very different with the ocean and city vibe and attitude. Even living in Korea now for almost ten years, going to Busan feels very different!

Instead, look at Gyeongju - the historical capital. Easy to do in two days and you get some history and mountains nature out of it.
CO-PLAT likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.