Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seoul DMZ Tour Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2018, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

Seoul DMZ Tour Recommendation

Would anyone know of a good tour operator running a DMZ tour in Seoul? I am interested in a tour that spends a longer time at the DMZ and focuses on the history of the DMZ. Hopefully, no shopping stops. I normally hate tours but it is the only option for visiting the DMZ.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 9:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by IAD_flyer
Would anyone know of a good tour operator running a DMZ tour in Seoul? I am interested in a tour that spends a longer time at the DMZ and focuses on the history of the DMZ. Hopefully, no shopping stops. I normally hate tours but it is the only option for visiting the DMZ.
Unfortunately there hasnt been a full day tour in months and they havent gone to JSA, who knows when or if they will again, but as guard towers are dismantled, no arms in the JSA etc etc it wont be like it was before

Bout the best youd find is the 1/2 day tour, I did it back in Oct, wont say it was a waste but nothing exciting and didnt care for most of the stops, OK it was raining and hard at times. If you have nothing else to do I guess its a way to spend some time. I used these guys; https://www.koridoor.co.kr:5033/home...=A&goodsNum=32
Old Dec 24, 2018, 2:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craz
Unfortunately there hasnt been a full day tour in months and they havent gone to JSA, who knows when or if they will again, but as guard towers are dismantled, no arms in the JSA etc etc it wont be like it was before

Bout the best youd find is the 1/2 day tour, I did it back in Oct, wont say it was a waste but nothing exciting and didnt care for most of the stops, OK it was raining and hard at times. If you have nothing else to do I guess its a way to spend some time. I used these guys; https://www.koridoor.co.kr:5033/home...=A&goodsNum=32
Thanks for the advice!
Old Dec 26, 2018, 4:42 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond
We took a DMZ/JSA tour last winter from Panmunjom(DMZ) Travel Center(????????)

The JSA visit - not an option at the moment as mentioned above - was the highlight, but the opportunity to talk with a North Korean defector was a close second. So you may want to contact them to see what their tours are like these days with the JSA closed to tours.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 2:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by IAD_flyer
Thanks for the advice!
Did you look in here Recommended Panmunjom / Panmunjeom JSA and DMZ tours (Korea)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.