Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Korea
Reload this Page >

Is there a minimum of time you need to stay in South Korea?

Is there a minimum of time you need to stay in South Korea?

Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Unhappy Is there a minimum of time you need to stay in South Korea?

Hello,

I am flying from the US/CLE to ICN via AC, staying 4 hours then flying to Guam via OZ. On the way home, I am flying from Guam via OZ to ICN. Spending the day there (12 hours) then flying back to the US via AC. I have read somewhere that sometimes there is a minimum time you need to stay in South Korea before flying back to the US.

I've read all sorts of things from 24 hours, 72 hours, 96 hours and 5 days you need to stay or they will not let you board your flight to the US. I've also read a lot of people doing this and nothing happened.

Any clarification or information on this would be wonderful! I've been researching it for hours and there is no clear answer. Thank you!
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:18 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You have double-posted what is the largely the same question. If you refer to the answers which you have already received regarding possible DOT rules violations ("cabotage") you will find good and correct answers.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:27 am
Original Poster

I'm sorry but I don't see any information given to me regarding if there is a minimum time frame I need to stay in South Korea. This information given to me was regarding cabotage. I understand this isn't cabotage but I don't see any information on if I'm able to stay only 12 hours and not 24 or longer. When I called Air Canada they said this isn't cabotage but I might have an issue stating only 12 hours. So I am trying to obtain information on that.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:14 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
As this question is also posted in this thread, please continue any discussion here:
Is this cabotage?

l'etoile
sr. moderator

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.