Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Korea
Reload this Page >

Can someone suggest the best baseball game during our visit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2018, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,

We are looking for the craziest, wildest, most "korean" experience for a baseball game. Obvously that relies alot on rivalries, etc. We will be in Seoul on May 18-22 and Busan May 22 - 24 and back to Seoul May 26. Could someone suggest which game we should go to? I understand Gocheoksky and Jamsil are the local stadiums?

These are our options for the second weekend in Seoul (unfortunately it looks like there are no games in Busan when we are there)

These are our options for the first weekend in Seoul:

Thanks all!
Old Mar 15, 2018, 10:33 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
To be honest, as a visitor, just stick with Jamsil Stadium. It is the easiest to get to and in a decent location. The Gocheok Sky Dome is tucked away in a random area of Southeast Seoul. Suwon and Masan are also even further away, almost an hour one way.

They will all be crazy. LG and Doosan are the Seoul teams, so they have their own large following by default. My boyfriend always talks about how loud and noisy Hanhwa fans are even though they suck.

Whatever you do, don't sit in the outfield. Use a service like Wonderfully to buy tickets for you the day they go on sale. Or try the English ticketing website if tey have it available.

Even on the Korean page, Good seats sell out FAST. We went to a game last year and the entire LG side of the stadium sold out in seconds. Like almost instant. Home team is always on first base side here.

Sitting in the outfield is easy to buy on the day off, but you definitely dont have the same experience.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:12 am

Canuck, where did you find the schedules for the upcoming season? I'll be in Seoul from May 29th to June 5th, and am also interested on how to buy tickets.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:08 pm

KBO
Flamenguista likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 10:40 pm

For buying tickets - they list websites to use for each team:

Ticket FAQ | homeplate.kr

They say that there is no English option and you cannot buy as a visitor....BUT try the English ticket website for each one. You should be able to buy even as a visitor. If not, there is a service called Wonderfully that exists to do things for foreigners on the Korean internet.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 10:48 pm

and now that i see that website in detail - actually it's really old info. For Jamsil stadium games are:

Doosan Tickets - http://ticket.interpark.com/Global/i...h&tid4=english
LG Tickets - Ticketlink

You can also get them at the stadium, but as I mentoned, expect the good home seats to be sold out. Don't sit in the outfield, you really miss out on the action. Even visiting team will be rowdy and outgoing and wild.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: most of them
is there a secondary market like StubHub?
Old Mar 28, 2018, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by glennaa11
is there a secondary market like StubHub?
Somewhat but not accessible for foreigners.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.