Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Korea
Reload this Page >

ICN - Transferring between Terminals 1 and 2 by train?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2018, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Hi there,

My friend and I will be visiting Seoul in the near future. When we leave, he is travelling out on KE and I am departing on AA at around the same time, both from ICN. I have confirmed from the official ICN website that in fact Terminal 1 (and I concourse) AND Terminal 2 are all connected airside via underground train, and that the total time from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 should be around 12-15 mins depending on length of transfer time at the I concourse. I also noticed that you go through a couple of "transfer gates" and a security check when making this transfer from 1 to 2 (or 2 to 1).

What I am wondering is this: Being the airport nerd that I am, if we arrive at ICN nice and early, and I check in for my AA flight in Terminal 1, is it possible for me to go visit Terminal 2 on the secure side so that we can just explore the new Terminal together for awhile before going our separate ways? Or would I require a boarding pass for a flight departing from Terminal 2 in order to make that transfer? Furthermore, would I actually need to clear security 3 times in order to do this (once after check-in at Terminal 1, again upon arriving by train at Terminal 2, and again upon returning by train to Terminal 1 or the I gates)? It's obviously not worth it if I have to clear security three times!

Any guidance here would be greatly appreciated as I'd love to explore the new terminal even though I don't happen to be flying KE/DL/AF/KL on this trip.

Thanks!

Daniel
Old Mar 12, 2018, 8:08 pm

Programs: ALL Gold, MPC Silver
At the train station in the concourse there was a separate gate for the T2 trains that required to scan your boarding pass. Also since AA leaves from T1 there is no normal way that you could return to T1 once you get on the train to the concourse.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 10:26 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Yes as the other poster said, the answer is no. Your friend will have to go to T2 check in area first. He cannot access it from T1. You will get off at T1 AREX train stop for AA flight. He can go to the check in area and say goodbye to you, but then he still has to take a 20 minute bus from T1 to T2. If he stayson the train and says goodbye there, it's just 6 minutes for him to get to T2 to check in for your KE flight.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
Yes as the other poster said, the answer is no. Your friend will have to go to T2 check in area first. He cannot access it from T1. You will get off at T1 AREX train stop for AA flight. He can go to the check in area and say goodbye to you, but then he still has to take a 20 minute bus from T1 to T2. If he stayson the train and says goodbye there, it's just 6 minutes for him to get to T2 to check in for your KE flight.
OK got it. Thanks for clearing this up for me!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.