Wiki Posts
Search

working in Korean ?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2017, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

working in Korean ?

I am LyLy . i live NY

I just graduated from the Technical University and My Family intend to move to Korea to live and I don't know what job options are in South Korea to fit a new environment .

As you give me . Please a comment

Thank for all
Old Dec 4, 2017, 4:10 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
For any corporate job in Korea, there are three main options.

1) Work at their American office and get transferred to Korea.

2) Be recruited through MBA events, university events etc.

3) Have a residency visa and speak Korean

Without any of this, it is extremely difficult to just “get hired.” For a traditional work visa, they have to prove that your job is so special a Korean can’t do it, that you have special skills etc. and all most foreigners can offer is that “they speak English,” which is not enough.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
(4) Start a K-POP group.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:50 pm

Do you speak and are able to write in Korean? If not unfortunately the options will be quite slim. Will mostly be limited to teaching English. If your qualifications and experience or good, you could potentially get a job with an international firm or organization that has offices in Korea and you are only required to use English. But again those jobs are hard to get and are often temporary in nature as well.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
... all most foreigners can offer is that “they speak English,” which is not enough.
(underline mine)

I assume you mean "they speak good English", to say the least?

Judging by OP (& other posts so far), I doubt s/he could even declare such language skills in either English or Korean.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 9:36 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Originally Posted by lin821
(underline mine)

I assume you mean "they speak good English", to say the least?

Judging by OP (& other posts so far), I doubt s/he could even declare such language skills in either English or Korean.

Oh no, I absolutely mean "speak English." With the way English test scores are emphasized (even if they are not fluent), just showing that is enough for immigration to say that a Korean can do it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.