Reload this Page >

5 hour layover in ICN Seoul

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5 hour layover in ICN Seoul

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2012, 2:57 pm

For a short-ish layover of 2-3 hours, I can only get a bowl of noodles inside the terminals to kill time. I'd love to visit Korea for real though.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 5:04 am

From my experience, ICN is one of the best airports to clear immigration & customs, heck even your bags will be waiting for you (without priority tags) in less than 20 minutes from deplaning. Even from concourse A ^ where you need to take the shuttle train.

I always enjoy arriving to ICN
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:41 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
How does this work? I assume you have to walk through like your heading for a transit but after dropping off your bags find some way to get back to customs? Anyone use these before?
You can store your belongings for free for 24 hours at the storage lockers located on the third floor near Gate 25 (East) and Gate 29 (West). Remember these free storage lockers are located inside the airport area for transit passengers. Once you get to Immigration, you will not have access to these lockers and must use the paid service (very pricey) outside of Customs. Be sure to take your passport, boarding pass, wallet/purse, and any valuables with you.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:09 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by sneezyalex
How does this work? I assume you have to walk through like your heading for a transit but after dropping off your bags find some way to get back to customs? Anyone use these before?
My kids and I just spent a 9 hour layover at ICN. To store your bags, go to the Information Booth (?) near gate 29 (I think there's one at 25 too), and ask for a locker. Don't explain that you are leaving the airport, they just get confused. They'll give you a key and you'll have to leave your driver's license. Then head to immigration and customs. Coming back is fairly easy since you won't have bags. When you get out of customs, there is another information booth where we inquired about tours. We did a 5 hour tour of Seoul with OMI tours and had a blast!
Old Jan 29, 2013, 2:17 pm

Programs: DL Plat,AA Plat,UA 1Peon,SW(WN) Passing Grade
Originally Posted by pajamaspam
My kids and I just spent a 9 hour layover at ICN. To store your bags, go to the Information Booth (?) near gate 29 (I think there's one at 25 too), and ask for a locker. .......... We did a 5 hour tour of Seoul with OMI tours and had a blast!

Just the info we needed! We've got an 7-hour layover at ICN on the way home from KIX-Osaka, so this info sets us up to see Seoul! Thanks for the super-current info!

(Why an 7-hour layover? This is at the end of our 5-week Delta RTW trip, and the trans-pacific leg was so tough to find......we will probably actually be looking forward to getting back to Oklahoma, so did not want to miss the Korean Air flight ICN-LAX. The usual connection would be 90 minutes in ICN using the last flight from KIX-ICN, and that just seemed too short and worrisome......so next earlier flight KIX-ICN gets us to ICN at 2:30pm for the 9:35pm KIX-LAX leg)
Old Jan 30, 2013, 7:49 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

If I had three hours, I'd take A'rex (one of the airport trains) to a nearby stop and delight in local fare. That food is too good to pass up on waiting at the airport.

One of the stops was called Unseo- it's Seoul's lesser version of Narita city, I guess, with a bunch of hotels and restaurants; if you're pinching pennies as I had been a couple of years ago, you can find a Korean sauna (찜질방- jjimjilbang) to sleep at for <US$10.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
I have 4hrs 50mins at ICN in a few weeks on a Sunday, connecting from OZ F to TG C. Does OZ offer arrival services for F passengers?

I guess I'll be heading to Unseo, any tips on what to visit there? Can credit cards be used anywhere or should I change to some KRW? Anything else I need to think of? Any help is much appreciated.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 1:11 am

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Not too sure what arrival services OZ offers for F. I do know that your bags would be the first ones to arrive in baggage claim, but it looks like you are connecting so that may not be needed. Sounds like you will make it out of the airport for a few hours before returning. Unseo is a short hop on the airport train. Last time I went there, I didn't see much to do, other than walk around and eat some korean food. Credit cards are accepted almost everywhere. I don't foresee any issues using Visa or MC. But it is always good to have some cash handy just in case. Also, TG is located in the Concourse Terminal so give yourself an extra 10-15 mins to get from the main terminal to the Concourse Terminal.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 7:46 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
Originally Posted by nme7
Not too sure what arrival services OZ offers for F. I do know that your bags would be the first ones to arrive in baggage claim, but it looks like you are connecting so that may not be needed. Sounds like you will make it out of the airport for a few hours before returning. Unseo is a short hop on the airport train. Last time I went there, I didn't see much to do, other than walk around and eat some korean food. Credit cards are accepted almost everywhere. I don't foresee any issues using Visa or MC. But it is always good to have some cash handy just in case. Also, TG is located in the Concourse Terminal so give yourself an extra 10-15 mins to get from the main terminal to the Concourse Terminal.
Thank you nme7, much appreciated. How often does the train to Unseo go? And everything should be open on a Sunday too?
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:55 am

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Maybe once every 5 or 10 minutes. Just make sure you get on the Airport Commuter Train on the left side of the area. If you go to the right side, it is the Airport Express Train, that will be a 43 minute non-stop trip to Seoul Train Station downtown. But you will be able to tell also by the price. The Commuter is probably under 1500 krw (around 1 Euro?) and the Express is 8800 krw. I believe most things will be open on Sunday. Some places may not open until later in the morning. Then the bars and such do not open until the afternoon or early evening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.