Reload this Page >

Anything to do at ICN?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anything to do at ICN?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2014, 11:14 am

I don't know about the maglev but, one helpful tool I always use to calculate time for the subway is https://www.smrt.co.kr/program/cyber...in2.jsp?lang=e
This is the subway map in English. Then click on the magnifying glass next to the departure and arrival. Then the first letter of of the location desired and choose from the list. after, calculate and it will give you time and cost of the trip. I will see if my buddy who lives in ROK knows about the maglev and a website to the route.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 11:46 am

If you search 'Incheon airport railroad', you will find the links you are looking for. They call it AREX(airport rail express) there are 2 options, non-stop to Seoul Station or stop at all 11 stops. 43min vs 56min but the express only comes every 30 min and the all-stop leaves every 12. have to do the math depending on your time you arrive at the station.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Shannan Crosson
If you search 'Incheon airport railroad', you will find the links you are looking for. They call it AREX(airport rail express) there are 2 options, non-stop to Seoul Station or stop at all 11 stops. 43min vs 56min but the express only comes every 30 min and the all-stop leaves every 12. have to do the math depending on your time you arrive at the station.
nonono, I meant maglev train, if you search "maglev incheon", you will find what Im asking for. Not an AREX ;-)
Old Dec 31, 2014, 12:16 pm

Ok just found a guy who blogs about transportation in Korea and he says nogo so far. his blog is kojects dot... it is right on the first page, written today, under Looking towards 2015
Old Jan 14, 2015, 4:17 pm

Location: SYD: Fly and fly... UA UGS 1K MM, SQ PPS, SPG/PC Platinum
Ok, I'm back and made it a worthwhile side trip. Further, my earlier 5.5hr connection got turned into a 4.5hr connection due to delays out of PEK. With that, I caught the AREX to Seoul Station and walked and walked before returning after reaching Sogong Dong. Saw the newly renovated Namdaemun along the way as well as quite a few side streets with busy street vendors amongst others. Well, not a comprehensive visit but good enough to get out of the airport and providing an intro to the city. Can't wait till the next visit. Thank you all who provided suggestions here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.