Wiki Posts
Search

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines or other non-stop

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2008, 7:23 am
Suspended
Original Poster

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines or other non-stop

We will fly late April to Amsterdam to catch a riverboat cruise. We plan to fly in 1 or 2 days early to adjust to time and enjoy Amsterdam. We will fly from IAD (Dulles) and would like a non-stop. How is KLM airlines, or who would you recommend for reasonably priced for non-stop flights?

Thanks,

Lois
Old Feb 15, 2008, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I fly KLM quite often within Europe. They're a solid, reliable airline. Service is not spectacular but, from what I read here, better than most US airlines. If the price is right, go for them...
Old Feb 15, 2008, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
I flew KLM last in 1994. I really enjoyed the airline and the service. Not that it was spectacular, but it was good. I believe you will find it better than your standard US airline.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 1:26 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Please continue the discussion in the KL forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Jouy31
TravelBuzz moderator
Old Feb 16, 2008, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
if you are flying coach, I think KLM is better than more US airlines.
if you are flying business then I think there may be better options than KLM.
and lastly, KLM does not have first class.
It is hard to beat a non-stop US-Europe. On the return it sucks having to change planes in the US and have to wait for your baggage twice, so I would go with the non-stop

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.