Wiki Posts
Search

Support Desk and Website for EU-claims

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2007, 10:50 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by johan rebel
According to Luchtvaartnieuws.nl EUclaim will take BA, Easyjet and Ryanair to court for refusing to reveal the exact reasons for delays for which they have refused to compensate passengers.
It's good to see someone finally take action to enforce the rules!! ^
Old Mar 31, 2008, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

EUclaim have just published a list on their website of all flights for which they are pursuing claims, which includes 211 KL/KLC flights.

Johan
Old Mar 31, 2008, 4:47 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, LH Senator, VA Velocity Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond
It think this is great. Accountability is important in any business environment. Ironically, in Italian, there isn't even a word for "accountability". When I explain this term to my colleagues it takes 5 minutes of dancing around explaining in technical Italian words. No wonder Alitalia sucks.
I hope they set up offices here in Italy as well and people start using their services.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I decided to see if they were value for money and filed a claim on March 29. The online procedure was very straightforward and did not take all that long, taking into consideration the amount of information that one needs to provide.

I received a confirmation on April 1st, and on the 23rd an e-mail informing me that they had sent KL a reminder. The next day I received another e-mail that my claim had been successful, KL would pay up (€ 250, of which EUclaim keep 27%).

I must say that I'm rather pleased. I'm pretty sure that, had I filed a claim with KL Customer Care I would have been fobbed off with one excuse or another (at AMS the blamed "the weather"). Had I pursued the matter further it would certainly have cost me a lot more time and aggravation, and the outcome would have been most uncertain.

I don't care about the money as much as about forcing the airline to follow the rules and pay compensation where it is due. EUclaim handled the matter professionally, efficiently and successfully. I was kept fully informed and sent copies of all relevant documents and letters. As far as I'm concerned they deserve their 27% cut.

Johan
Old Apr 29, 2008, 12:45 pm
PJK

Programs: KL/AF FB Plat, Hilton Silver, La Quinta Gold
I don't care about the money as much as about forcing the airline to follow the rules and pay compensation where it is due. EUclaim handled the matter professionally, efficiently and successfully. I was kept fully informed and sent copies of all relevant documents and letters. As far as I'm concerned they deserve their 27% cut.

Johan
Maybe one day you'll be as good a customer of EUclaim as you are of KLM...
Old Apr 30, 2008, 1:49 am

Does EUClaim have Elite levels?
Old Apr 30, 2008, 3:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by florin
Does EUClaim have Elite levels?
If they did you'd be Platinum in no time if you fly KLM a lot.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not sure how many bright-eyed and bushy-tailed FTers were up at 6.30 CET this Sunday morning, but BBC World News' Fast Track program had a feature on airline delay and cancelation compensation policy, which amounted to almost fifteen minutes of free publicity for EUclaim. Martinair and KLM were singled out as examples of airlines reluctant to pay compensation.

Favorite quote:

KLM spokesman: "Where there is an entitlement to compensation, KLM will willingly pay".

Pity they forgot to ask how KLM defines "entitlement"!

Johan
Old Aug 17, 2008, 3:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
I wish I'd have seen this. I'm definitely going to use EUClaim next time I get screwed by KL. Strangely, this hasn't happened to me in well over a year.

They've been remarkably good lately, for me anyway.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TrayflowInUK
I wish I'd have seen this.
Click on the link in my previous post.

Johan
Old Aug 17, 2008, 9:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
Click on the link in my previous post.

Johan
I can't seem to find it, though I did find an interesting piece about premium class travel.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

According to luchtvaartnieuws.nl, EUClaim has submitted claims with a total value of € 1.2 million in August. Main culprits are KL, BA, LH and EZY.

EUClaim will open a German office soon.

Johan
Old Sep 12, 2008, 1:52 am

EUClaim will open a German office soon.
Now that's exciting! Hopefully more EUClaim offices in Europe will put greater pressure on airlines to follow the rules. I wonder if one could partner up with them and open an office in a new country. Sounds like a lucrative business...
Old Mar 30, 2009, 10:53 am

I put in a claim for a cancelled flight last year, and recently received notification from EU-claim that it had been paid.

Good work on their part (you can access your individual claim on their site and see how many follow-up letters they had to write). They earn their money, and from the passenger's viewpoint there's no fuss, no muss (but it does take a while, if my case is typical).
Old Jun 9, 2009, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

EUClaim has come up trumps again.

It took them four months, but KL have finally (and very reluctantly) settled a claim I was pursuing on behalf of two colleagues for a canceled flight back in February.

EUClaim are definitely worth their 27% cut, I'm convinced KL would never have paid up if the matter had been raised directly with them.

Johan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.