Am I missing something?

Old Jul 31, 2006, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB, UA 1k, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Am I missing something?

I joined FB only this month. I was previously Gold Elite with Continental(while living in the US, I now live in the UK) but when I realised that my upcoming Privatair /KLM flight would earn no miles, I decided to change programs.

I have currently :
32,475 Available miles

Level Miles : 26,475

Level Flights : 10

Since KLM are horrible about having any relevant information on their website, should I be Silver Elite?
It still shows me as Ivory....am I missing something?

Thanks
Old Jul 31, 2006, 10:37 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
If you only very recently passed the 25k level miles barrier, it may simply be that it takes a few days for your online profile on the web site to update.

When I moved from Ivory to Silver, the change online did not happen immediately after I had completed the flight, but it was not too long afterwards. Give it a few days and see what happens!
Old Jul 31, 2006, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB, UA 1k, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Thanks for the response!
They really are stingy on freq. flyer info on that website. Since KLM codes all earned 100% on Continental, I was shocked when one of my flights only earned 25%!!!

Hope I can make gold (40k?) as the lounge access seems to be when you get real benefits (lounge access and elite boarding on international)

Is it just N and V fares that earn 25% ? We have to use corporate travel and I'm trying to make sure I know when I'm getting.........
Old Jul 31, 2006, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by gman67
I was shocked when one of my flights only earned 25%!!!

Is it just N and V fares that earn 25% ? We have to use corporate travel and I'm trying to make sure I know when I'm getting.........
Yes, certain cheapo flights will only earn you 25% - similar on BA, LH and many (but not all) other European programmes. Somebody somewhere else on FT described it along the lines of US programmes rewarding you for flying with them rather than with other competitor US carriers; while European programmes (where passengers are more likely to stick to one major national carrier) reward you for spending more money with them. Fly business, get status quicker!

Information on all the FB partners, including earning possibilities on KLM itself, should be available on this search engine (although I am sure it is riddled with inaccuracies). N and V earn 25% on KLM.

With FB you can also get status by number of segments flown (usually the only way I ever achieve it). Many other programmes seem to be fazing that out. 15 return trips or 8 return trips with connections will get you Gold.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 4:39 pm

Strange double post with four hour gap!

Last edited by bcmatt; Aug 1, 2006 at 6:12 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.