Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just got my Flying Blue Membership Pack

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2005, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Just got my Flying Blue Membership Pack

Well, I found I now have a Flying Blue Membership pack this morning. The program is interesting and there are a couple of things in there that I would call "two edged swords":

i) Earning silver and gold is easier on a short haul sector basis (presumably as per AF's programme. I do hope they got their calcuations right here because gold is probably (just) achievable for me now. The only benefits I would get from gold (other than bonus miles) is access to a lounge after passport control on the D pier at AMS (and access to lounges in AF's T2 at CDG). However, this is no good if there is never a spare seat in the lounge because of all the people who made gold.

ii) Earning silver and gold by mileage is harder for French people. The flip side of this is that they can still earn status miles through Amex.

iii) The literature that came with my card is not at all clear as to whether or not I earn two sectors per sector when flying in Business. I hope this is the case as I would gladly buy a couple of restricted business class tickets for European breaks if this helps me get to Gold (besides, there is always the possibility of *A status match ).

All in all, it doesn't look a bad programme relative to my circumstances.

Regards
I

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.