Delayed flight package

Old Feb 7, 2005, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: KL Gold, SQ KF Gold, CX Green
Delayed flight package

Our flight CUR - AMS was delayed for 3 hours yesterday and all passengers received a delayed flight package including:
1) a coupon for 2,000 FD miles OR € 10 food / beverages at participating airport vendors OR € 15 discount on tax-free on-board articles; and
2) a coupon for a € 50 discount on a ticket on KL, NW or (some) affiliates.

Now there is a lot of small print on the back of the € 50 ticket discount voucher, and it says that I need to contact KLM by phone or go to a KL ticket office to make my reservation using the discount.
Well, phone reservations and reservations at ticket office are more expensive than Internet reservations, so am I right in assuming that I will already loose part of the € 50 discount? Any ways around this?
Old Feb 7, 2005, 1:24 pm

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
I had one of these a year ago and as you say they are pretty useless if you cant use them against an internet booking. After a bit of pestering they allowed me to book on the internet and then I had to ring them straight away about the voucher which they let me send in for a credit to my CC.
Old Feb 7, 2005, 4:24 pm
j2h

Programs: KL PE For Life; UA Premier; SQ; InterContinental Ambassador; BA Exec
Book online and indicate you'll collect ticket (even e-ticket is possible) at KLM ticket office. This approach was recommended by KLM e-team support desk (whatever). KLM only charged the online booking fee (which @ that time was minus 6 EUR.... but anyway).
Staff at SPL is extremely knowledgeable and friendly!
Old Feb 9, 2005, 7:50 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I have two 50-euro vouchers & two 3-min phone cards left. What's the best way to use the two vouchers in the US (which clearly cannot be combined)?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.