Wiki Posts
Search

Out of sequence policy

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2022, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Out of sequence policy

Hi,

i have a change issue with a reservation Milan > Amsterdam > Boston.

I cannot fly the Milan > Amsterdam but would need to still take the Amsterdam > Boston. Though the ticket allows rerouting against fee the AMS > BOS is sold out and hence I cannot change it.

now I was advised that I can use the „out of sequence policy“ once check-in opened to keep the confirmed inventory AMS > BOS. (Fee approx 500 Euro?!)
is that true? Anyone heard about it?
also possible when Original reservation is through third party?
Old Sep 20, 2022, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Is this an award ticket or a revenue ticket ? If award, indeed you cannot modify : you need to cancel and rebook which will likely mean that you won't be able to rebook if sold out (and possibly overbooked). If this is a revenue ticket, I can't see why your ticket cannot be changed without canceling : the 1st leg can be removed and the whole ticket repriced.
If you booked through an OTA, you need to deal with them.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

It‘s a revenue ticket.
First segment can’t just simply removed because the feeder is linked to longhaul hence they argue both segments need to be removed and then rebooked.
but as I said the longhaul segment I already have is sold out and shows no availability hence > no rebooking possible
Old Sep 21, 2022, 12:21 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by kacheng
It‘s a revenue ticket.
First segment can’t just simply removed because the feeder is linked to longhaul hence they argue both segments need to be removed and then rebooked.
but as I said the longhaul segment I already have is sold out and shows no availability hence > no rebooking possible
Are you trying to use the following section? It wouldn’t necessarily be applicable unless the booking had an Italian point-of-sale.

Originally Posted by KLM.IT
Special conditions for the Italy website

For tickets bought in Italy or on the Italy website the following articles applies in addition to article 3.4 of our General Conditions of Carriage:

3.4 (d) In exception to Article 3.4 (b), the following applies to Passengers who purchased a KLM ticket in Italy through www.klm.it, KLM ticket offices, travel agencies or the KLM Customer Contact Centre. The Passenger is not required to pay an extra fixed fee at the check-in moment. In the event the Passenger, for whatever reason, cannot use the ticket for his/her flight, and will still use the ticket for further legs (or in case of multi-leg tickets, for the inbound legs), the Passenger must notify KLM within 24 hours from the start of the first leg of the unused outbound flight. If the departure time of the return flight is within 24 hours of the unused outbound flight, the Passenger must notify KLM at least 2 hours before the departure of the return flight. In either case, the passenger must notify KLM by calling 02 3859 4998. In the absence of such communication, the Passenger will be treated in conformity with Article 3.4 (b).
If this is for an Italian point-of-sale ticket, then this thread can be useful:

Italian Point of Sale and Using Flight Legs Out of Sequence

Bookings via travel agency/online travel agency doesn’t invalidate that section, at least if the booking was made via the Italian nexus of a TA/OTA. Getting it to work? Well, don’t be surprised if it doesn’t even then.

Are “married segments” a legitimate way for KLM to get around the Italian rules?

Last edited by GUWonder; Sep 21, 2022 at 12:40 am
Old Sep 21, 2022, 3:14 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Are you trying to use the following section? It wouldn’t necessarily be applicable unless the booking had an Italian point-of-sale.

If this is for an Italian point-of-sale ticket, then this thread can be useful:

Italian Point of Sale and Using Flight Legs Out of Sequence

Bookings via travel agency/online travel agency doesn’t invalidate that section, at least if the booking was made via the Italian nexus of a TA/OTA. Getting it to work? Well, don’t be surprised if it doesn’t even then.

Are “married segments” a legitimate way for KLM to get around the Italian rules?
I believe OP is asking about actually paying the fee that the excerpt you quoted says does not need to be paid for tickets sold in Italy.
GUWonder likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.