Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2022, 2:53 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)
Originally Posted by InsomniaBA
We're on the same flight
I'm planning to just fast track through departures 3 myself.
Sweet! At what time do you think you'll arrived at the airport?
Old May 31, 2022, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by roelb
You do not have Sky Priority, that is correct. But as a SkyTeam Elite passenger, you are welcome in the SkyPriority checkin area (checkin rows 9-10), which also serves as priority checkin for Elite/Silver passengers. And because of the layout of the airport with a seperate escalator up to security from that area, you are also be able to use priority security at AMS as a bonus feature.

Keep in mind: this is only the case for non-schengen flights on KL, AF or DL.
It is in fact also the case for Schengen flights on AFKLDL as the SkyPriority check-in for that is the same one in Departures 2. You simply take a right after security instead of going left to passport control.
Bogwoppit, mpkz and tulipan like this.
Old May 31, 2022, 4:17 am

What is the policy on +1s? I have two upcoming trips this summer on KL. The first one has 5 more people without status so I don't expect to be able to go through the SP line, but in the second I'm flying to ABZ with just a companion: any chance we'd be allowed to both go through the SP lane? I have Elite Plus status through ITA (don't laugh), which I think KL recognizes quite well.
Old May 31, 2022, 4:55 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by BobTL
It’s The Netherlands. “Holland” is one of 2 provinces, North (Noord) Holland and South (Zuid) Holland.
And the queues are only a problem in North Holland's airport. South Holland's airport does better (though admittedly with a lighter load)
Old May 31, 2022, 6:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CyBeR
It is in fact also the case for Schengen flights on AFKLDL as the SkyPriority check-in for that is the same one in Departures 2. You simply take a right after security instead of going left to passport control.
Was going to say the same.. the security checks at departures 2 and 1 feed into the same connected area before passport control
Old May 31, 2022, 12:37 pm

Apparently Schiphol and the unions have found an agreement to move forward, however travelers should still expect long lines and delays over the summer.
Xandrios likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by malmostoso
Apparently Schiphol and the unions have found an agreement to move forward.
Would be great if they found an agreement to move their customers in those queues forward.

Johan
wrp96 and hhdl like this.
Old May 31, 2022, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jerry_greece
captain told us that there is no security personnel from Schiphol that can "unlock" the right doors (D-pier is dual, schengen/extra-schengen).
On several occasions I've disembarked at a D-gate only to find the "wrong" door wide open.

Johan
Old May 31, 2022, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by johan rebel
Holland is exactly half as many letters , everybody gets it, and only the pedantic get upset. So I'll continue using it, just as I'll keep saying Turkey, whether Erdogan likes it or not.

Thanks for the heads-up, though. I've lived in both provinces, I've looked at them from above 1,000+ times, and somewhere I have an Atheneum diploma with an excellent grade for geography (my written exam essay was on the history of air navigation in Holland). I figure I've got Holland down pat, but just to keep myself sharp, I spend my time during AMS approaches and departures putting names to cities, towns, villages, lakes, rivers, canals, freeways, etc. My idea of fun.

Johan
That was an extensive way to say “ you are right” 😁
johan rebel likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 11:41 pm

Would be great if they found an agreement to move their customers in those queues forward.
If I were to use a native expression, I'd probably pick "helaas, pindakaas".
Old Jun 1, 2022, 1:50 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
The news of Schiphol Summer runway works :
https://www.schiphol.nl/en/schiphol-...nce-and-works/

Has reached mainstream media:

Last edited by HadesNL; Jun 1, 2022 at 1:59 am
Old Jun 1, 2022, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HadesNL
The news of Schiphol Summer runway works
Good Lord in Heaven!

It's not going to help solve anything in the short run, but this Benschop clown should be booted out forthwith. That he spent his time hobnobbing in Davos, taking his family on vacation to Portugal during the Meivakantie (spring break) catastrophe, bobbing around in a boat on Amsterdam's canals on Koningsdag, attending a gala dinner in DC, etc. etc. is bad enough, even though he claims that he "could always be reached". This runway maintenance planning really takes the prize. Work that easily could and should have been done during the pandemic was not only postponed in true Dutch penny-pinching style, but then rescheduled for the busiest periods of this year.

Surely there's a penalty for sheer bloody-minded idiocy? At least this once?

Johan
HadesNL and Fabo.sk like this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 2:14 am

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
For those planning flights from Amsterdam airport this summer.
Rijksoverheid shows the dates for annual school holidays:
https://www.rijksoverheid.nl/onderwe...ties-2021-2022

You can get an impression which weekends ( the actual start of the school sumner holidays) (per region) will become busy at Schiphol airport. Besides departures, don't forget about the expected increase at arrivals. So be warned!

FlyingCow and supersympa like this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 2:22 am

Good Lord in Heaven!

this Benschop clown should be booted out forthwith?
Unfortunately just as the state of the walkways & travellators & escalators in the main terminal building,
By his same maintenance budget and logic
the emergency [EJECT] button has also been made redundant
Old Jun 1, 2022, 2:26 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: SPG Plat
Holland is exactly half as many letters , everybody gets it, and only the pedantic get upset.
Spoken like a true "hollander" with arrogance and absolutely no regard for nuance nor the opinion of the rest of the country. Which is fine, it is your prerogative.

It doesn't change the fact that using "Holland" to refer to the country is antiquated and incorrect. The official name is the Netherlands.
DrLudwig and BobTL like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.