Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 16, 2022, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GUWonder
Short answer: Yes, priority lines are available at Schiphol security checkpoints.

Long answer:
Priority lanes are available at Schiphol for eligible passengers of all airlines at all security checkpoints, and for holders of Privium cards at all checkpoints.

Unlike previously, since the start of 2022 Mess in Amsterdam, access is strictly policed. What this means in practice:
  • Privium card holders always have access, regardless of airline or class of travel.
  • Business class passengers of all airlines have access to priority security for themselves
  • Eligible elites of all alliances have access to priority security for themselves when flying with an alliance airline.
    • The extension of Priority benefits to all passengers on the same PNR is not a common benefit in airlines flying from Amsterdam, and particularly with SkyTeam airlines, while you will be able to check in together in the SkyPriority zone, this does not automatically allow for access to priority security. Unlike previously, access is strictly policed.
  • Select non-status Economy class passengers also have access to priority security, notably those travelling on Eco Flex tickets with Air France KLM.
  • Select low cost airline passengers also have access, for example easyJet Plus card holders travelling on easyJet flights.

What if I or my travelling partner don't fall into any of those categories?
Then you are out of luck. Waving a silver card will not help you. Nor will you be able to take your statusless wife on basis of your FB Gold card.

That said, there were some reports of successful subterfuge. The checkers are not too precise; particularly if one of two passengers has Privium and SP, one might give ones travel partner a BP with SP marked "by mistake" while passing through Privium gate.
Once upstairs/past the human checker, the BP scanner will actually accept a non-coded BP (for now at least).
Print Wikipost

Are there priority security lanes at Schiphol?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2022, 8:36 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by roelb
Schiphol airport does cater to priority pax from each and every airline. However, in the Departures hall 2, it's only SkyPriority, as that hall is exclusively used for KL/DL/AF flights, with KLM check-in counters only.

All other airlines use Departures hall 3 for non-schengen flights. If your airline provides you with priority security due to status or flying a premium cabin, you can use the priority lanes in Departures 3.

In Departures hall 1 - for Schengen flights - there is a seperate priority lane, in between Privium and the regular lanes, all the way to the left - where *A FF would fall under the "Selected frequent flyers" category.
I think thats an older/other sign. This is what it looks like currently for Departures 1 (Which is across the hall from the Skypriority check-in):

Note that the left lane is for Business/Priority, while the right one is Privium. However all economy lanes, including the Business/Priority one, are roped off for the one single line that goes around the block outside. As its on the inside corner of that line coming back into the terminal, it will be virtually impossible to reach (without queuing).
AnaTFN and mpkz like this.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 9:49 am

Programs: FB Plat
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Note that the left lane is for Business/Priority, while the right one is Privium. However all economy lanes, including the Business/Priority one, are roped off for the one single line that goes around the block outside. As its on the inside corner of that line coming back into the terminal, it will be virtually impossible to reach (without queuing).
So it still looks like the best strategy for Sky Team SP/Business is to go through the SP check-in area and then go upstairs through the dedicated escalator (and for Privium to use the Privium gate that feeds to that same escalator).
Old Jun 4, 2022, 11:52 am

Yeah exactly. And i am pretty sure that the line on the left did not say priority (or i am crazy). In any case, as Xandrios says, after the gate, you are practically entering the same area with others, so not sure how you are supposed to reach the upper floor and enter priority. In the past, when upstairs, i have always found this priority "gate" closed but it was no problem queuing with the normal pax. since waiting was pratically zero.

The SP entry for priority seems to be working though.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 12:42 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I think thats an older/other sign. This is what it looks like currently for Departures 1 (Which is across the hall from the Skypriority check-in):

[picture removed for clarity]

That's Departures 2 checkpoint isn't it?
Old Jun 4, 2022, 12:59 pm

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
Originally Posted by jerry_greece
In any case, as Xandrios says, after the gate, you are practically entering the same area with others, so not sure how you are supposed to reach the upper floor and enter priority.
This is equally the case for the (not roped off) Privium gate there.

So if you as pax have any type of priority, no matter which one (SP, J/F class with other airline, privium) I guess the recommendation is to always use the access behind SP check-in desks (or, coming from the Privium departures lounge, to the right).
Old Jun 4, 2022, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
That's Departures 2 checkpoint isn't it?
Yes, it is.

Johan
Old Jun 4, 2022, 1:29 pm

I don't believe so. Am I going crazy or is this the checkpoint that has the long line outside for Departures 1?

According to the Schiphol map the normal entrance for Departures 2 is behind check-in counters 15-16, pretty much next to the KLM ticket desk. If the Skypriority check in escalator arrives totally to the right side of departures 2, I don't think that the entrance of which I posted a picture can be Departures 2 as it is somewhat more to the right of the Skypriority check-in. Therefore it ends up more to the right (when having your back to the outside window) on the mezzanine level and should therefore be departures 1. Am I going crazy?
Old Jun 4, 2022, 1:46 pm

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
No you're not. That entrance is (primarily) for Departures 1, but since you can change to Departures 2 after clearing security I suppose you can also say it's also for Departures 2.
Xandrios and AnaTFN like this.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

the normal entrance for Departures 2 is behind check-in counters 15-16, pretty much next to the KLM ticket desk
There are two entrances, doors F and E. The latter is on the side of the KL ticket desks, the former directly opposite the KL SkyPriority check-in area. If you enter through door F and turn right, the Privium gate is immediately on your right.

Johan

Last edited by johan rebel; Jun 5, 2022 at 6:13 am
Old Jun 4, 2022, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Compare this picture from post #400 in the Mess in AMS Today thread to the one in post #54 in this thread.

They both show the same security access point, which is diagonally opposite the KLM SkyPriority check-in area, and right next to door F in Departures 2.

Departures 1 has its own access to security, in the far right corner behind the check-in desks. For all I know it my be closed, though.

Johan
Old Jun 4, 2022, 3:05 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
New Departures 1 entrance (behind check in desks 1-8) is in service. Checkpoint 1A as well as temporary checkpoint 1 on the 1-1A corridor (airside: C to B corridor) are closed.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 12:47 am

Priority Success

AMS-DTW at 10:15
Delta SkyPriority family of four. After fearing the worst all week, we had a pretty—what I would call—successful experience this morning. At least relative to the horror stories of recent. Much thanks to those that helped here.
  • 6:40 Arrive at Departures 2 via Uber, entry via Door F
  • 6:53 Completed SkyPriority checkin with checked bag. Seemed to be about 3-4 deep at each priority checkin desk
  • 7:00 Cleared priority security (including metal water bottle check that I did not empty, oops)
  • 7:12 Cleared normal, non e-gate passport control
  • 7:20 KLM Lounge 52

So all in, 40 minutes from drop off to lounge. This was our first time through AMS so a bit unfamiliar and slower as such. Prob save 10-15 minutes with no bag check and more experience with the layout.

As an aside, the regular checkin/security queue looked to be backing up already. Nothing out the door or that severe, but that was at ~06:45.
Xandrios and AnaTFN like this.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by johan rebel
Compare this picture from post #400 in the Mess in AMS Today thread to the one in post #54 in this thread.

They both show the same security access point, which is diagonally opposite the KLM SkyPriority check-in area, and right next to door F in Departures 2.

Departures 1 has its own access to security, in the far right corner behind the check-in desks. For all I know it my be closed, though.

Johan
I believe this is the location of the access point (red circle-cross on image below).

Old Jun 5, 2022, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Escape
I believe this is the location of the access point (red circle-cross on image below).
Yes, correct.

Johan
Old Jun 5, 2022, 1:43 pm

So I arrived at AMS this evening and decided to have a look. The sneaky .......s!

This picture is a couple days old… and is no longer correct. They REMOVED the Priority lane on the left. Only economy and Privium is there now on the right.

I asked sb from Schiphol and they said not to worry and just ask to be let in. So, what I’m being told, is that there will be someone from Schiphol at this check point… and if you have a business or priority boarding pass you can skip the line that goes outside. But you’ll have to queue up the stairs.

So.. that will be one way. Another is to pretend to know where you’re going and use skypriority.

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
New Departures 1 entrance (behind check in desks 1-8) is in service. Checkpoint 1A as well as temporary checkpoint 1 on the 1-1A corridor (airside: C to B corridor) are closed.
That entrance point behind desks 1-8 was fully closed off this evening.
jerry_greece likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.