Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KLM BOM-AMS business class vegetarian meal options

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2022, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

KLM BOM-AMS business class vegetarian meal options

Hi, I need some advice for my upcoming flight from BOM-AMS. Flying business class, need a vegetarian meal no meat option.

Wondering if I should order a special meal - options available are Vegetarian, Spicy Vegetarian and Hindu meal - or stick with the meal served in business class and hope for a good vegetarian option to be on there. Some airlines serve Hindu meal similar to Indian food flavors but with meat, not sure how KLM does this.

KLM has not been very helpful to guide us to the best option for us and dont have any information on these meal options. Have heard that if special meal is ordered and it is not good, KLM generally refuses to replace it with the normal vegetarian option served in business class saying they dont have it.

Indian flavors would be good if the food is good. Or pasta options would work too. Not sure the difference in food offerings between Vegetarian and Spicy Vegetarian special meal options either.

Please guide if you have been thru this dilemma already and have recent experience with KLM business class vegetarian meal options.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 3:30 pm

Forewarning: Not specific to KLM and may not be helpful.

My most recent biz class flight on AF I had the same dilemma about pre-ordering vegetarian or not. I did pre-order, but they had no record of it. I actually think I preferred that, in the end, and selected a fish option (discarded) which had decent sides. FYI, there was a vegetarian option (a stuffed pasta I think). Between the drinks, salad, bread, cheeses and desserts, it was very satisfying. If you are a picky vegetarian like me, I preferred being able to pick from the meals available, rather than being assigned a generic "vegetarian" meal.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 1:09 am
Original Poster

Looking for KLM specific info

Thank you for your feedback. I am fairly familiar with many other airline options but cannot seem to find any particular information on KLM business class vegetarian meal options and best way to move forward on this - special meal or not and what special meal to request if that is the way to go.

Right now I am thinking of going with the Spicy Vegetarian special meal request - just dont know if that will be better or worse than what is served in business class as a vegetarian option if available.

Any pointers will be very helpful.

Originally Posted by TGARCIA2885
Forewarning: Not specific to KLM and may not be helpful.

My most recent biz class flight on AF I had the same dilemma about pre-ordering vegetarian or not. I did pre-order, but they had no record of it. I actually think I preferred that, in the end, and selected a fish option (discarded) which had decent sides. FYI, there was a vegetarian option (a stuffed pasta I think). Between the drinks, salad, bread, cheeses and desserts, it was very satisfying. If you are a picky vegetarian like me, I preferred being able to pick from the meals available, rather than being assigned a generic "vegetarian" meal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.