Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > KLM Flying Dutchman
Reload this Page >

Can you transfer from KLM USA flight to AMS to KLM flight to BCN in 50 minutes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can you transfer from KLM USA flight to AMS to KLM flight to BCN in 50 minutes?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2021, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by CyBeR
Be prepared for a middle at the back of the bus though.
certainly, but that will be the least of my concern if I misconnect and be rebooked on the next flight.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 4:11 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by CyBeR
Be prepared for a middle at the back of the bus though.
Unlikely. That would be eligible for downgrade compensation, or alternatively they could wait till the next available flight with C class open and collect the compensation for a long delay.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HalconBCN
Unlikely. That would be eligible for downgrade compensation, or alternatively they could wait till the next available flight with C class open and collect the compensation for a long delay.
If J is full but there are at least four open seats in coach, KL could opt to move the curtain one row back to accommodate the Aloha1s. At worst, that would mean upgrading two pax (which would cost two Mexican salads and a couple of drinks), and moving four other pax further back. Might be the cheapest option from the airline's perspective.

Johan
Old Aug 29, 2021, 6:45 am

Unless OP's first flight is delayed such that the connection time is shorter than the MCT, I doubt any compensation will be due, delay due to long queues at immigration/security isn't within the control of the airline.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 6:50 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
One other thing to consider is that if you're checking a bag and you miss your 50 min connection, I've never had KL get my bag on the next flight, even if that's what I get rebooked on. You might luck out and they'll pull it off to get it on the next BCN leg, but I've had my bag show up 3-4 flights later, if not the next day.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 7:02 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
No chance of EC261 downgrade compensation if OP agrees to be transported on that flight. They are free to choose to wait, though, that is correct, but again there's no way you'll be compensated when you could have gone out earlier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.