Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schiphol Health Declaration?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2020, 1:24 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Shangri-la Jade, Radisson Gold, Omni Hotels Platinum
Flew four times through AMS in August (all Schengen flights) - Dutch health form was never requested/checked. Yet, I understand the requirement is (formally) still in place.

Anybody in here had to produce the form recently? If so, Schengen/non-Schengen/transit/entry? Contemplating whether I should save two sheets of paper
Old Sep 7, 2020, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lagom82
Anybody in here had to produce the form recently?
No, not once.

That form is an amazing exercise in bureacratic futility.

Johan
Goldorak, AlvinMaker and Solevita like this.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 4:46 am

End August, yes, it was collected at boarding for a Schengen flight.
But feel free to take a form on-site, they still give them out. Just bring a pen.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 9:25 am

Programs: DL DM & 2MM; Marriott Titanium
I recently transited via AMS to JFK, and no one asked for the form. We had to fill a “different” form for US/JFK authorities that DL provided.

https://newyork2assamduringcovid.blogspot.com/?m=1
Old Sep 7, 2020, 11:55 am

Programs: Flying Blue PFL; IHG Rewards Club Diamond; HHonors Silver
Passed through Schiphol twice in the past week and no request for the health declaration, including entering The Netherlands last Friday. However, flying AMS - LYS this morning a new form was handed out on the flight asking for home address, flight and seat number, contact details etc. It did not have any French Government headings on it, but it was collected by ground staff on disembarking.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 1:30 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Shangri-la Jade, Radisson Gold, Omni Hotels Platinum
Yeah, I also received the "french" form - first time in March 2020, and now two times when flying through CDG. Also Switzerland has a paper form you have to fill in on board of the plane and hand over when disembarking. The first time, of course, I did not have a working pen...
Old Sep 8, 2020, 3:07 am

Programs: FB platinum
I flew VIE - AMS, no form to fill, no immigration check (obviously). I then flew AMS - CDG, also no form to fill, and the stupid 2F terminal "check" from immigration. I'm pretty sure the policeman did not even look at me, he just inserted my identity card in his computer
Old Sep 9, 2020, 6:22 am

Flew through Schiphol yesterday. Was given a health declaration to fill out when boarding the flight inbound to AMS. Was never asked for it. Had to fill out another one in E pier concurrent with a temperature check before boarding a non Schengen flight. Was asked to see it when boarding 2 minutes later, never asked for it again ??

I should purchase shares in a pulp and paper company.
johan rebel and Goldorak like this.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 11:46 am

They asked us once again for the NL form, called 'Health Declaration Form', while boarding in Amsterdam this morning. They made an announcement for people to come collect forms if needed.

This was in addition to the target country's form.

Last edited by AlvinMaker; Sep 13, 2020 at 12:19 pm
Old Sep 10, 2020, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Purser handed out Portuguese forms en route to LIS. She later collected them, stuffed the lot in an envelope which she gave to someone on the jetway on arrival. Another pointless waste of everybody's time, no doubt.

The Dutch form, on the other hand, wasn't mentioned by anybody or anywhere at AMS.

Johan
Old Sep 13, 2020, 12:18 pm

Sorry - I just love this topic. Today the originating airport handed out the NL forms and made sure everyone took one. But it wasn't collected at any point in-flight, at arrival, or during boarding of the next flight.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If only they would implement a proper process for handling these forms. They could gainfully employ any number of form distributors, form collectors, form counters, form sorters, form processors, form analysers, form filers and form shredders, form supervisors, form managers and a VP of form policy, putting food on lots of tables in these hard times.

Johan
Goldorak and YYCCL3 like this.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AlvinMaker
Today the originating airport handed out the NL forms and made sure everyone took one. But it wasn't collected at any point in-flight, at arrival, or during boarding of the next flight.
This morning the gate agent at the originating airport actually asked if I had such a Dutch form. That was a first. I truthfully replied that I did, I've been carrying the same form with me since the day they were invented, albeit without ever completing it. That didn't make any difference, because it wasn't collected at any point in-flight, at arrival, or during boarding of the next flight.

Johan
AlvinMaker likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 1:53 am

Programs: FB Plat, *A Gold
I've been flying a few times now WAW-AMS-WAW. In AMS every time before boarding one had to give his form to the staff. No form, no boarding. On route to WAW in the plane we were handed the Polish form which were collected by the FA and given to the ground staff.
On the way to AMS there was no paperwork at all.

I was flying KLM Cityhopper, maybe that's the difference.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 4:14 am

Programs: Flying Blue - Platinum
I've flown CityHopper, KLM and Air France since July on 7 occasions, never been asked to show the form..
westi2002 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.