Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > KLM Flying Dutchman
Reload this Page >

Advice to reach KLM phone agent from USA? (KLM just hangs up on callers)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2020, 9:38 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member

A friend tried to phone KLM's USA 800 number from the several times yesterday, hours apart. Each time the recording said that the wait time would exceed 30 minutes so they were ending the call. He literally had no option to wait on hold.

He needs to cancel and refund a ticket. The website is not allowing that. I advised him to call. Now I need your advice on how he can speak to a human.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 9:47 am

Programs: FB plat for life
He can also contact them by social media - usually within 24 hours a reaction.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 1:53 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
The only way is to call multiple times. At some point somebody who talked to an agent will drop off, a slot will be available, and he will be allowed to queue. But..it may take some tries.

And indeed, I'd suggest other forms of communication where possible. Facebook, twitter. Or perhaps try the European number(s) - possibly through a service like Skype to avoid high calling fees.
LifeontheBeach and tecate55 like this.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 8:04 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Accor Gold
Call in the morning will have an increased chance.

Since Feb 2020, Delta no longer handles calls for AF/KL in North America. It seems that AF/KL are now sending the calls back to Europe and, starting from the evening in Europe (afternoon in N.A.), the wait time went drastically up.

I was waiting for 1 hour to connect through at 5:00 PM EDT and cannot reach anyone; the next morning I called at 9:00 AM EDT and the agent picked up right after "to learn more about our privacy policy...". So I think the time you call will be important, I'd say 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM CET would be the best bet.
tecate55 likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 10:35 am

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by nsx
A friend tried to phone KLM's USA 800 number from the several times yesterday, hours apart. Each time the recording said that the wait time would exceed 30 minutes so they were ending the call. He literally had no option to wait on hold.
very on brand
Old Jul 15, 2020, 12:10 am

Been experiencing ~15 min hold times with AF when calling the N. America number. Definitely agree that these calls are being answered in Europe nowadays, but always get what I need easily.

Calling the Euro line costs me 2cents/minute via voip.ms, but I was 50/50 between 'they couldn't answer my call at this time and to call back later' and nearly immediate answering.

Last edited by tecate55; Jul 15, 2020 at 12:31 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.