Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is KL867/KL868 to KIX sustainable during covid?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2020, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: JAL ANA
Is KL867/KL868 to KIX sustainable during covid?

Just curious, how can KLM be pretty much the only airline operating in and out of Osaka KIX , when Japan won't allow even their own permanent residents to return? I could understand a flight or two to Tokyo, but to Osaka almost daily? Are these flights full? Who takes them?
Are the flights for repatriation or has KLM found some kind of niche?
And another thing, the flights leave Osaka in the night now as opposed to lunch time in the old days; is this change here to stay, or will KLM gradually move back to their old schedules?
Old Jul 13, 2020, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
None of KLM's routes are currently sustainable - that's why they recently secured a state bailout to the tune of €3.4bn.

Don't forget that KLM carries cargo, too - not just passengers.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JAL ANA
Hmm cargo could be it, I suppose... TThanks!

I appreciate the "aggressive strategy" though, as opposed to cancelling all flights for foreseeable future.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VAAGE
Hmm cargo could be it, I suppose.
It is, although KL does take passengers on these flights in both directions.

Johan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.