Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMS Lounge under COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2020, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Yreal
Imagine being pissed of because they closed to gate early with and without 7 beers.
Closing the gate early is a bad idea, with or without any number of beers.

Johan
Old May 31, 2020, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Privium lounge before security will be open again from tomorrow, June 1st.

7.30 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily.

Johan
Old Jun 1, 2020, 4:50 am

If KLM Schengen lounge and Star Alliance lounge will stay closed much longer maybe 95 Euro trial for 4 months is a good idea. But 6pm is too early to close. I often leave at 20 or 21....

I just noticed AMEX Platinum includes Privium Plus ! Need to check that.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 9:47 am

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
Originally Posted by f4free
I just noticed AMEX Platinum includes Privium Plus ! Need to check that.
The Dutch classic Amex Platinum card, more precisely, not the Flying Blue one. And also includes a Privium partner card, which allows a +1 to enter the lounge when traveling with the main card holder. I've taken the card right after they announced the Privium partnership approx 1.5 year ago.
I used to use the Privium (non-Schengen / airside) more often than the KLM lounge.

So far off topic :-)
Old Jun 1, 2020, 2:19 pm

Lounge 52 yesterday at about 930AM. Only coffee machine providing refreshments (and a water tap). Next to coffee machines some pre-wrapped biscuits (unfortunately no punsellies...).
Old Jun 2, 2020, 3:23 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Hi everyone,
Any idea/announcements when the KLM Schengen lounge in AMS is going to reopen ? Given that some catering/restaurants rules have been relaxed in the NL since yesterday, I was hoping there would be some change in that respect soon...
Old Jun 2, 2020, 3:58 am

Programs: FB plat for life
I think they use this to save to costs - and not necessarily follow relaxed rules with a wide offering....
Old Jun 2, 2020, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pjhartog
I think they use this to save to costs - and not necessarily follow relaxed rules with a wide offering....
Of course. There's no reason whatsoever why they could not offer a pretty decent selection of food and beverages. If restaurants elsewhere can so so safely,then so can KLM.

Johan
the810 likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 8:22 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
A bit OT, I hope you don't mind too much... I'll be flying out of AMS on Friday and I'm wondering if the duty free shops are open (liquor is what I have in mind).

(At HEL, my home airport, they're all closed even if the website states opening hours, so I'm not counting on the Schipol website too much...)

Dank U!
Old Jun 3, 2020, 9:08 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by ffay005
A bit OT, I hope you don't mind too much... I'll be flying out of AMS on Friday and I'm wondering if the duty free shops are open (liquor is what I have in mind).

(At HEL, my home airport, they're all closed even if the website states opening hours, so I'm not counting on the Schipol website too much...)

Dank U!
Based on recent trip reports I read on God save the points website (although it was on the non-Schengen part of AMS), the duty free shops were open as of last week.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 11:44 am

Dank U!
Yes some of them are open, so you should be able to make some savings compared to your alcohol prices at home
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by splflyer
Showers are also available for free( some guests have lengthy lay overs nowadays , rest cabins can be hired for day use
Coffee tea water and some packed snacks available.
Have a safe trip
What's the charge for using these rest cabins?
Old Jun 5, 2020, 10:00 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by palmanfr
Based on recent trip reports I read on God save the points website (although it was on the non-Schengen part of AMS), the duty free shops were open as of last week.
Originally Posted by cafeamsterdam
Yes some of them are open, so you should be able to make some savings compared to your alcohol prices at home
Thanks guys. However, it turns out the shops that are open are Swatch, Boss etc. Liquor stores all closed
Old Jun 5, 2020, 10:49 am

Thanks guys. However, it turns out the shops that are open are Swatch, Boss etc. Liquor stores all closed
Apologies. Should have specified that I was referring to the non-Schengen airside, where duty free was definitely open last weekend - should've realized you were probably travelling from the Schengen side.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LifeontheBeach
What's the charge for using these rest cabins?
€49.50 for three hours; €75.-- for five hours. That's a rip-off, especially given that they don't even come with a shower or toilet. The Mercure and Yotel are a much better deal, assuming they are open (I have no idea if they are).

Johan
Thysk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.