Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has minimum connection time at Schiphol changed?

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2020, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Has minimum connection time at Schiphol changed?

Apologies if this has already been covered in here but have the MCTs changed at Schiphol? I'm booked on KL1278/KL1345 (EDI-AMS-BLL) on July 10 which has a 50 minute layover. The connection is no longer bookable on KLM.com (as best I can tell) although the flights are still scheduled. Just wondering if the short connection time is to blame (or if there's some other explanation)?
Old May 2, 2020, 10:53 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Jpsartre
Apologies if this has already been covered in here but have the MCTs changed at Schiphol? I'm booked on KL1278/KL1345 (EDI-AMS-BLL) on July 10 which has a 50 minute layover. The connection is no longer bookable on KLM.com (as best I can tell) although the flights are still scheduled. Just wondering if the short connection time is to blame (or if there's some other explanation)?
I am in the same situation with a flight BCN-AMS-MEX, 55 minute connection. I hope is still OK because the alternative means waiting over 5hrs and departing from BCN at 6’20am
Old May 2, 2020, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Is your booking indicating something special ? If not, there's nothing to worry about IMO
Old May 2, 2020, 11:39 am
Original Poster

No, the booking looks fine on KLM.com. I'm not worried to be honest, I think chances are at least one of the flights will end up cancelled anyway. I was just wondering what the reason might be for the connection disappearing as a bookable option.
Old May 2, 2020, 11:44 am

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
I had that in early April ,then cancellation messages came. I the end the only option was a night in Amsterdam ,which was eventually cancelled as STR was closed. Eventually KLM booked me EDI-LHR-FRA with BA and LH
Good luck !
Old May 2, 2020, 12:16 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
YYZ-AMS for 10 MAY was rescheduled making connection time to VIE for 40 minutes which should not be enough. We made switch to go to PRG so getting aprox 10 more minutes but nobody cared about that previous 40 minutes, we only got change time notification even tho I would think this should lead to impossible routing now. They don't probably care much now
Old May 2, 2020, 2:31 pm

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Interestingly, in a similar situation with a 50-min connection time for US-AMS-rest of Europe, I could book on the Delta site as a DL code share, but not on klm.com. Go figure... By the time the actual flight date comes around it will be all different anyway, so we will take it as it comes.
Old May 14, 2020, 7:51 am
Original Poster

A quick update: My itinerary is now bookable again on KLM.com so whatever the issue was, it seems to have resolved itself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.