[Help Please!] One Ticket, Two PNR's, And A Whole Big Mess!

Old Apr 26, 2020, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club, Flying Blue
[Help Please!] One Ticket, Two PNR's, And A Whole Big Mess!

Long Story, so please bear with me.

I originally had a flight booked with Delta on their website, and a 006 ticket all the way from LHR-YYZ via JFK as a return ticket.
The outbound flight schedule was drastically changed by Delta which meant, I needed to change to another flight.

> Called up Delta's UK Number, which I think is KLM/AF? And they re-ticketed me onto the new preferred service (Still not a KLM or AF Flight!) - But now my ticket is a 074, which is reflected on both sites.

Here's where the two issues arrived:
1) I now have two different PNR's, the original which works on Delta and shows all the correct details. But I also have one which works for KLM website, which shows all the new flights but has left the old flight in the booking, so I don't want this left in the booking in case it flags me as a no show even though I don't need that flight anymore!

2) For the new flight on each booking, On the Delta Website I'm seat 27K and on the KLM Website I'm Seat 27H. Two seats, on the same flight and ticket number??? I've never seen this before.

Who would you recommend calling to fix this?
Old Apr 26, 2020, 10:07 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
It doesn’t matter who you call - in Europe AF/KL do DL customer service, in the US DL do AF/KL customer service.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by cattp
There's nothing to fix.

DL uses a different GDS than AFKL, so there will always be two different PNRs.

Even if the "old" flights don't automatically drop out of the reservation, there is no need for you to do anything.

For seat assignments, just go to the website of the operating airline.
Often1 likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 11:01 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
A non-issue.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by irishguy28
For seat assignments, just go to the website of the operating airline.
Good luck with that, if the airline is Delta.

If the ticket is issued by KL, there's a very good chance that one or more of the seatmaps for the DL segments are "view only". In my experience, when that happens calling the plat line is the only way to get the seats you want.

Johan
Old Apr 26, 2020, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club, Flying Blue
After a call to KLM they thankfully understood the issue. Apparently the old segments were still attached to the ticket and they couldn't remove, so they've cancelled the old ticket number and PNR and issued a new set with all the correct info. Took a while though...

Just one problematic segment that was causing issues across the booking.

​​
Goldorak likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 8:40 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by cattp
1) I now have two different PNR's, the original which works on Delta and shows all the correct details. But I also have one which works for KLM website, which shows all the new flights but has left the old flight in the booking, so I don't want this left in the booking in case it flags me as a no show even though I don't need that flight anymore!
Never an issue, I have a 057 ticket with an AF PNR and a DL PNR (one flight operated by Delta Endeavor DTW-YOW). It happens when it comes to codeshare, KL just booked you on their code with a flight operated by DL or vice-versa.

Originally Posted by mfkne
It doesnt matter who you call - in Europe AF/KL do DL customer service, in the US DL do AF/KL customer service.
It was the past. Now the 800-237-2747 and 800-667-2747 are both handled by AF/KL in the US and Canada. It's no longer handled by Delta and they are not able to do anything with a DL booking.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.