FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   KLM Flying Dutchman (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman-493/)
-   -   KLM's S20 timetable - schedule related questions (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman/2014345-klms-s20-timetable-schedule-related-questions.html)

irishguy28 Mar 24, 2020 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by mfkne (Post 32225314)
Any idea where else to check? Expertflyer is still showing all flights too.

There are rolling cancellations and route terminations.

If you must know for sure that the flights you book will operate, then buy on the day before/the day of travel (and hope that your route is not completely dropped in the meantime)

The prices will probably be even cheaper than they are now.

johan rebel Mar 24, 2020 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 32227696)
The prices will probably be even cheaper than they are now.

I wouldn't bet on it.

Looking at AMS-CPH for the rest of this week and the next, prices are around €600.-- for both one way and return flights, every single day. There's not a single ticket to be had in coach, only J is on offer. Even then they are showing five seats or fewer on most flights, even on days when there are still two flights to CPH. On some dates the flights are completely sold out.

I'm pleased I got a ticket for under €400 last Sunday, with the full regular meal service to boot.

Johan

mfkne Mar 25, 2020 11:57 pm

Looks like the cancellations for the first week of April are now in the system.

r0gerthat Mar 26, 2020 4:58 am

I believe LCY was on the list of destinations still served by KL, but in the BA forum it was mentioned this airport is now closing as of last night (25/3).
More info here: https://www.londoncityairport.com/coronavirus

irishguy28 Mar 26, 2020 8:26 am

Originally Posted by r0gerthat (Post 32233559)
I believe LCY was on the list of destinations still served by KL, but in the BA forum it was mentioned this airport is now closing as of last night (25/3).

The last flight on this route, KL981, operated yesterday morning.

All other flights on the route - KL969, KL981/3/5/7/9, KL991/3/7 - all finished on or before last Sunday, 22 March.

irishguy28 Mar 26, 2020 8:31 am

This post from a few days ago is already out of date:

Originally Posted by KLM.com
Europe: as many connections as possible

The European network has been set up in such a way that as many European flights as possible connect to the intercontinental network. The following destinations will be flown daily from Schiphol from 28 March to 3 May (subject to change):

Geneva, Vienna, Zurich, Brussels, Paris, Lyon, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Munich, Stuttgart, Berlin, Rome (from 4 April)**, Stockholm, Billund, Copenhagen, Gothenburg, Oslo, Barcelona**, Lisbon, Madrid**, Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Dublin, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds Bradford, London City, London Heathrow, Manchester, Newcastle.

** These routes are currently subject to very strict travel restrictions and it will be considered at a later stage whether/when these flights can be operated.

For all other routes, KLM informs passengers that many countries have introduced travel restrictions. Please note that this sometimes happens at short notice - for an overview of the rules see IATA Travel Centre.

For both intercontinental and European flights: up-to-date flight information can be found on KLM.com or in the KLM app.

irishguy28 Mar 26, 2020 8:35 am

KLM's S20 timetable - only 26 longhaul destinations

...and the only one served daily will be JFK.

All subject to change, of course.

I think Singapore, listed below, is no longer possible as all flights there are banned, I believe?

Originally Posted by KLM.com
Due to the corona crisis, KLM will start the summer schedule with a significantly reduced network. From 29 March until and including 3 May, KLM plans to fly to 25 intercontinental and 32 European destinations. During this period, KLM will fly according to an adjusted schedule, which amounts to about 10 percent of the normal number of flights.

Intercontinental: 777's and 787's

The intercontinental network will be operated with Boeing 777s and 787s. The Boeing 747s will be taken out of the fleet early. The remaining aircraft will be parked at Schiphol. A plan for this is currently being drawn up together with the airport.

The following destinations will be offered from 29 March to 3 May (subject to changes):

Airport - Frequency per week

Atlanta - 3

Abu Dhabi/Muscat - 2

Bangkok - 2

Curacao - 2

Delhi* - 2

Dubai* - 3

Sao Paulo - 2

Hong Kong - 3

Incheon (Seoul) - 3

New York JFK - 7

Johannesburg - 3

Kansai (Osaka) - 2

Los Angeles - 3

Lima* - 3

Mexico City - 3

Nairobi* - 2

Narita (Tokyo) - 2

Chicago O’Hare - 2

Beijing* - 3

Panama City - 2

Shanghai - 3

Singapore - 3

Taipei* - 3

Calgary - 3

Toronto - 3

Total - 69 return flights

* These routes are subject to very strict travel restrictions and KLM will initially fly with cargo only.

For all other routes, KLM would like to point out to passengers that many countries have introduced travel restrictions. Please note that this sometimes happens at short notice - for an overview of the rules see IATA Travel Centre.

Europe: as many connections as possible

The European network has been set up in such a way that as many European flights as possible connect to the intercontinental network. The following destinations will be flown daily from Schiphol from 28 March to 3 May (subject to change):

Geneva, Vienna, Zurich, Brussels, Paris, Lyon, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Munich, Stuttgart, Berlin, Rome (from 4 April)**, Stockholm, Billund, Copenhagen, Gothenburg, Oslo, Barcelona**, Lisbon, Madrid**, Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Dublin, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds Bradford, London City, London Heathrow, Manchester, Newcastle.

** These routes are currently subject to very strict travel restrictions and it will be considered at a later stage whether/when these flights can be operated.

For all other routes, KLM informs passengers that many countries have introduced travel restrictions. Please note that this sometimes happens at short notice - for an overview of the rules see IATA Travel Centre.

For both intercontinental and European flights: up-to-date flight information can be found on KLM.com or in the KLM app.

ACYYZ/SD Mar 26, 2020 8:57 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 32234159)
...and the only one served daily will be JFK.

All subject to change, of course.

I think Singapore, listed below, is no longer possible as all flights there are banned, I believe?

YYC over YVR. That is a surprise.

Meneer Guggenheimer Mar 26, 2020 10:15 am

I think this will be the future schedule too...

Flying will never become again what it used to be...

johan rebel Mar 26, 2020 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 32234159)

Cargo flights are presumably still permitted.

The cabin crew unions have been complaining, because crew on layovers in SIN have been told to stay in their hotel rooms the entire time they are there.

The same unions have also demanded, and KLM has agreed, that all dead-heading crew must travel in in WBC, even if that means off-loading pax. This is in order to comply with social distancing rules, which rules apparently do not apply to pax traveling in coach. Or else the unions couldn't care less.

Johan

EricVdb Mar 26, 2020 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by johan rebel (Post 32235102)
The same unions have also demanded, and KLM has agreed, that all dead-heading crew must travel in in WBC, even if that means off-loading pax. This is in order to comply with social distancing rules, which rules apparently do not apply to pax traveling in coach. Or else the unions couldn't care less.

Johan

You can't expect workers unions to dictate how passengers are transported.

And is it that strange they want to protect themselves as much as possible? Even in supermarkets,workers are wearing high visibility jackets to make others keep their distance (1,5m), but cabin crew has to sit as close as possible to other people when being send somewhere?

Goldorak Mar 26, 2020 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Meneer Guggenheimer (Post 32234590)
Flying will never become again what it used to be...

I don't know why you say that. It will take some time to recover of course but in less than 2 years, it will be as before. Please elaborate !

johan rebel Mar 26, 2020 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by EricVdb (Post 32235441)
but cabin crew has to sit as close as possible to other people when being send somewhere?

No, that's not at all my point.

If there are guidelines recommending a certain separation between individuals, then they should be applied consistently, not only to certain people on the aircraft. I note that some airlines are no longer allocating middle seats in coach.

Anyway, the unions have also talked KL into treating FAs who are running scared and don't want to fly with leniency, so those who prefer isolation to separation have that option.

Johan

johan rebel Mar 26, 2020 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by EricVdb (Post 32235441)
Even in supermarkets,workers are wearing high visibility jackets to make others keep their distance

I haven't seen any.

Went shopping yesterday. Parking lots were full; lines at check-out in every store I visited; nobody was practising any separation beyond what the shopping carts automatically mandated; no store offered any hand sanitizer (I brought my own); no one wore a high vis; it was just a regular day at the mall.

Pandemic? What Pandemic?

Weird!

Johan

EricVdb Mar 26, 2020 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by johan rebel (Post 32235714)
No, that's not at all my point.

If there are guidelines recommending a certain separation between individuals, then they should be applied consistently, not only to certain people on the aircraft. I note that some airlines are no longer allocating middle seats in coach.

Anyway, the unions have also talked KL into treating FAs who are running scared and don't want to fly with leniency, so those who prefer isolation to separation have that option.

Johan

For what I understand, most long haul flights are (for now) flights to get people back home. Blocking seats would mean leaving people stranded.

The 1,5m does not apply to transport, but is still a sensible precaution. I can imagine if you otherwise work constantly in an area with increased risk of infection, you take the opportunity to reduce the risk when your employer ships you somewhere.

Really not so different as measures other companies have taken to protect their workers.