Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where in the world am I? | 2020 edition

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2022, 2:32 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
This one is interesting enough. I've found the airport but I've got no idea where the picture was taken. It's an airport I've not been to & neither Google nor Apple Maps show the glass construction. The terminal and tower are a match, as are the stairs (which were a bit of a red herring...)

Look forward to more pictures.
Arpoador likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 2:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MichielR
This one is interesting enough. I've found the airport but I've got no idea where the picture was taken. It's an airport I've not been to & neither Google nor Apple Maps show the glass construction. The terminal and tower are a match, as are the stairs (which were a bit of a red herring...)

Look forward to more pictures.
I figured out RIX just now as well after a bit of a painful search. It's not an AF or KL destination so my wish is that codeshares are always identified up front. The stairs actually gave it away for me.

I did post RIX earlier, but noted that it was a codeshare and that my girlfriend had just recently flow from there on a KL plane (HV ticket with equipment swap)
MichielR and Arpoador like this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 2:50 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, ALL Platinum, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by mpkz
I figured out RIX just now as well after a bit of a painful search.
RIX indeed. Back to you.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 3:16 pm
Suspended

Try out this codeshare:

MichielR likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 1:45 am

In which right-hand drive country did some ex-Interjet A320 end up...

Last edited by MichielR; Aug 8, 2022 at 2:04 am
Old Aug 8, 2022, 7:24 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Hm seems a left driving country. With a MEA jet. Can't figure it out with the MEA list of destinations...Let us throw in Karachi although doesn't really fit well with maps.

The Interjet can be everywhere. Sure, they went to a select number of other airlines but this may be during a transfer from Mexico to the new owner.....
Old Aug 8, 2022, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by atflyer
Hm seems a left driving country. With a MEA jet. Can't figure it out with the MEA list of destinations...Let us throw in Karachi although doesn't really fit well with maps.

The Interjet can be everywhere. Sure, they went to a select number of other airlines but this may be during a transfer from Mexico to the new owner.....
There is a good reason the registrations on both planes are made invisible....
mpkz likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 9:03 am
Suspended

It's not Karachi, but it's not time for a clue yet
MichielR likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by mpkz
It's not Karachi, but it's not time for a clue yet
Oops, I already provided clues
Old Aug 8, 2022, 11:13 am

Islamabad then
MichielR and mpkz like this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 11:59 am

Pretty sure this is it. A very mean riddle - PIA dry leasing MEA and Interjet A320s and keeping them in original livery. Water tower (?) and some small ATC building can be found if you look westwards from the apron, see below.
MichielR likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 12:00 pm

See also this:
https://historyofpia.com/forums/view...30735&start=45

It dawned upon me I had to look for a MEA plane in Skyteam livery and then the info I found the plane with that registration was moved on to PIA...found elsewhere info PIA also got Interjet A320s...which then begged for putting Pakistani airports in.
MichielR likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 12:07 pm
Suspended

Islamabad then
Correct. Flew on the Interjet one. For some reason the interior has been fully replaced but the plane hasn't been repainted.
MichielR likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 12:14 pm

I knew that there are only a handful of MEA destinations not served by AFKL and only one is right-hand drive (Cyprus). I then noticed the registration on both blacked out so clearly had to look elsewhere. Pakistan was an obvious choice, when I found that PK has taken some interesting dry-leases.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 4:53 am

Next try, only have obvious and difficult ones left

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.