Wiki Posts
Search

KLM App luggage tracking

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2020, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KL Plat
KLM App luggage tracking

I noticed for the first time yesterday in the KLM app a luggage tracking option (under my trip, not a separate page you could go directly to) with the wording like you could check where you bags are/have been, I guess similar to what Delta have. It listed the baggage IDs for all checked bags correctly but the status never changed from 'checked in' to anything else. This was flying out of ORD to AMS. In AMS the status was still the same, then another transfer to CDG by which time the tracking option had completely disappeared. The bags all arrived without problem.

Am i just slow or has anyone else seen this and had a status that updated beyond 'checked in'?

Quick Google shows https://blueswandaily.com/klm-launch...n-trial-basis/ so seems like they're still trialling after a year and I was a 'lucky' participant then...
Old Jan 6, 2020, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I have seen this also for the 1st time recently in the AF app on a long-haul BOG-CDG. But it doesn't seem to be proposed consistently/all routes yet.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 3:21 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor
Similar experience for me today flying BRS-AMS-FRA. Status never changed beyond “checked in”. For me the button in the app was missing during the transit in AMS but reappeared after arrival in FRA.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 11:20 pm

Programs: Flying blue
Flew last week and it was the same here, beyond "checked in" never got updated even after I picked up my suitcase at final destination, after 2 transfers and 2 airlines. I am guessing it is a new feature with the updates to come later
Old Jan 7, 2020, 6:49 am

Programs: FB platinum
I've had that since several months now on AF domestic flights. It's been a couple months since I last checked a luggage though, but IIRC the status got further than "checked-in" a few times (something like "on the plane"). Great feature, but not very consistent and works on a "best effort" clearly
Old Jan 7, 2020, 8:00 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United Platinum Premier, AF/KLM Platinum
Had it on my flight from TRF last Sunday. Worked perfectly. One bag showed up with status "sorted" (amongst other status updates), and that one arrived at the airport. The other bag did not have this status, and decided to overnight at a different airport :P.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 10:22 am

Programs: Flying Blue PFL; IHG Rewards Club Diamond; HHonors Silver
Does anyone know if KLM are planning to get the baggage tracking working properly? Having travelled in the US last year the corresponding apps on Delta and AA have detailed information on bags being loaded onto each flight and also offloaded. However, the KLM one only seems to say the the bags have been checked in and possibly in "the sorter".
SCtime likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.