Wiki Posts
Search

Online flight change - Double booking?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Online flight change - Double booking?

I'm confused.

I started to make an online change for a flight JFK-AMS in economy. I selected a new date and flight and the fee was listed as EU150 minus 90 deducation for the economy comfort seat bought earlier. So 60 total. On the next screen it reverted to 150. I did not confirm and pay for the new booking and exited the reservation.

It now shows a double reservation on two dates in the booking. But I have not yet paid or confirmed for the change.

Is this normal?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:40 am

If you open your itinerary (from the AF or KL mobile app for instance), at the end of the booking (AF app) or by clicking on "Ticket Details" (KL app), you'll probably see two etickets:
- Your initial eticket number (initial booking)
- Another line mentioning something like "Ticket not issued" (your unpaid change).

It may also allow you to return to your booking and pay for it. If you don't, it will disappear automatically. It also happens when you make a fully new booking but stop at the payment page (in such case the booking appears in the app but also as "Ticket not issued").

I don't have a screenshot of the KL app ready, but here is one from the AF app:

Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by erik123
I'm confused.
It now shows a double reservation on two dates in the booking. But I have not yet paid or confirmed for the change.

Is this normal?
Yes. Once you get to the point of payment, a reservation has been made in the system and with the right FB number inserted it will show up in your list of bookings. If you don't pay for the new reservation, it will disappear in about a day. (If you decide you do want it though, you can call and pay for it.)
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys. Any idea if the comfort seat payment is applied as a credit when you rebook? It showed as one on the first page but not ton the final payment page.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by erik123
Thanks guys. Any idea if the comfort seat payment is applied as a credit when you rebook? It showed as one on the first page but not ton the final payment page.
No, I don't believe they can do it that way.

The page on Economy Comfort refunds instead states that you will get a refund if you change your booking and either there is no Economy Comfort seat on the new flight, or if you buy, again, an Economy Comfort seat on the new flight.

https://www.klm.com/travel/nl_en/cus...n_costs.htm#p2
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.