Wiki Posts
Search

KLM flights to Kilimanjaro (JRO) from AMS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2018, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum - 2M miles
KLM flights to Kilimanjaro (JRO) from AMS

Flying on a KLM Boeing 777-200 - with rows 1-6 for business and rows 10-44 in economy. I want to get off the plane as fast as possible to queue quickly for purchasing a Visa because lines can get really long.

Does KLM always use both a front and back door for deplaning passengers at small airports without jetways? Will they typically use the door between business and economy at about row 6 as the front door?

We are currently in row 18, but row 40 in the back is available. So should we change our seats and only be 4 rows from back door? My only concern is that they do not always use the back door??

thanks for any comments.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 3:26 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
At JRO stairs are attached to doors 2 and 4, but 2 is typically opened first to allow business class to disembark
Old Nov 8, 2018, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum - 2M miles
So think I should just stay in row 18 - would only be 8 rows from the door esp if it is opened first. Do attendants usually make economy wait until all business class has deplaned if using door 2?
Old Nov 8, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Jwerking
So think I should just stay in row 18 - would only be 8 rows from the door esp if it is opened first. Do attendants usually make economy wait until all business class has deplaned if using door 2?
Yes
Old Nov 9, 2018, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by Jwerking
Originally Posted by Xizm
Yes
This is very inconsistent from my experience in CPT e.g., sometimes they stand in the way behind row 6 and make economy wait and sometimes they are nowhere to be seen.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 3:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, FB Plat
Originally Posted by Ditto
This is very inconsistent from my experience in CPT e.g., sometimes they stand in the way behind row 6 and make economy wait and sometimes they are nowhere to be seen.
I've never had them not hold the economy line for business passengers at KLM
Old Nov 13, 2018, 4:48 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Make sure you have a pen!

Make sure you have US 50 or US 100 in exact change (depending on where you from)

Make sure you have your vaccinations in order

when you arrive walk to the terminal and enter look left. You will see immigration desks

the visa office is at the opposite side of the hall next to
Immigration desks

the situation always changes but you have to normally pay first at this desk.

the form you get in the airplane is enough. Fill that in Completely also the things you might not know such as hotel address.

Just for for example write Hotel x in town Y. That is enough.

You will be send after payment to different desks to have a picture taken and in the end get your visa.

and enjoy the Africa way in how it goes.

The fromt door door will always open first. you will be standing in line as most of the business class pax will also get a visa on arrival.

vgribok likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.