KLM rebooked my flight. What can I do?

Old Nov 8, 18, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Unhappy KLM rebooked my flight. What can I do?

Hello everybody!

I found out that my flight had been rescheduled. The arrival time in the new ticket is absolutely inconvenient for me.
What can I do?

Last edited by lunah; Nov 9, 18 at 2:18 am
Old Nov 8, 18, 3:25 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Accor Gold
In a North American way, schedule changes will allow you to modify your itinerary as that considers as an involuntary change.

At this point, you shall be able to change to any flights in KL/AF system, including some code share flights. Maybe publishing your itinerary will get a better chance for someone in the forum to help you find an alternative itinerary.

In the same time, you can go online to find if KL/AF system-wide to have any flights that can get you to where you want to at the time you prefer. Once you found it, mark down all the flight numbers, call KL and request for a change, you shall first state that it was an involuntary schedule change and you want to modify your flights. They should do that at no charge.

I believe a refund shall only happen when the reschedule arrival time is > certain hours, I am not sure about that as it never happened to me during my years in Europe. Schedule change is more an American thing, and I personally find AF/KL flights usually stick to their schedule, even >6 months away.
Old Nov 8, 18, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

thank you for your reply!

I couldn't change anything, unfortunately. The original flight had already been replaced with new flight details. This new arrival time is horrible.

Last edited by lunah; Nov 9, 18 at 2:19 am
Old Nov 8, 18, 3:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Without the details, it is really hard to help OP.
1 - When were you notified?
2 - When is the flight?
3 - What were the original flight details?
4 - What are the new flight details?
5 - What are the details of the flight you want to be rebooked on?

You may be entitled to compensation, rebooking of your choosing now or later. But, without the specifics, there isn't much to say.

A;sp
Mirendo likes this.
Old Nov 8, 18, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

1 - I just was notified yesterday via email.
2 - December
3 - It's the same date but I arrive much later.
4 -
5 - I need more time for a connection flight since I need to go through a border control check. One hour between flights isn't enough considering the gate closes 30 min before a take off. I also need to arrive in the evening which how it was supposed to happen with my original flight. Now it's almost 1 am.

Last edited by lunah; Nov 9, 18 at 2:22 am
Old Nov 8, 18, 5:39 pm

Programs: NZ *G
Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
Without the details, it is really hard to help OP.
1 - When were you notified?
2 - When is the flight?
3 - What were the original flight details?
4 - What are the new flight details?
5 - What are the details of the flight you want to be rebooked on?

You may be entitled to compensation, rebooking of your choosing now or later. But, without the specifics, there isn't much to say.

A;sp
There is a WEALTH of knowledge and willing assistance available here...but you will need to be quite specific with dates/flight numbers/routing etc so that those with the expertise can actually look for alternatives for you. Specific help requires specific information...
Often1 and Mirendo like this.
Old Nov 9, 18, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by lunah View Post
5 - I need more time for a connection flight since I need to go through a border control check. One hour between flights isn't enough considering the gate closes 30 min before a take off. I also need to arrive in the evening which how it was supposed to happen with my original flight. Now it's almost 1 am.
KLM wouldn't have rebooked you on an "impossible" connection, 1hr is usually more than enough and gates usually close ~15 minutes before a flight and they might wait longer for connecting PAX with short connections, but you have not given us any details about your connecting flight to give you a better advice.
Old Nov 9, 18, 1:43 am

Programs: FB M&M AA Amex HH SPG and others
Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
KLM wouldn't have rebooked you on an "impossible" connection, 1hr is usually more than enough and gates usually close ~15 minutes before a flight and they might wait longer for connecting PAX with short connections, but you have not given us any details about your connecting flight to give you a better advice.
If it's a flight on one ticket it isn't an impossible connection, but if they are on seperate tickets it can be impossible. But then again, we need more information to give a clear answer.
Old Nov 10, 18, 1:20 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Indeed. Give the old and new flight schedule and if flights are on one ticket or not. Then we can help.
Old Nov 11, 18, 9:33 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, FB Plat
Call them, generally they don't have any issue altering your flights after an involuntary change to something else you'd like
Old Nov 11, 18, 9:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I disagree. Do not call KL until you have specific reroutes in mind. KL can't read OP's mind and that is what has led to the current unacceptable reroute.

If OP would provide the details here, he could receive some very useful advice. If he doesn't want to do that, he should at least do the research himself before calling.
Old Nov 13, 18, 6:38 am
Original Poster

hello again!

KLM contacted me recently and rebooked me for another flight which fits my schedule very well. I let them know earlier which time of arrival is preferable for me.
Thank you!
eastindywalrus and florin like this.

Search this Thread