FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   KLM Flying Dutchman (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman-493/)
-   -   Mess in AMS today - up to March 2022 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman/1821396-mess-ams-today-up-march-2022-a.html)

johan rebel Jan 31, 2022 5:51 am

Well, that Thessaloniki flight managed to arrive slightly head of schedule. A few other morning flights to touristy destinations such as TFS, AGP, ALC and IBZ that KLM for some reason chose not to cancel either, were also all dead on time.

It was not even that windy at Schiphol this morning:

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...2d041acd80.jpg

The wind only picked up at about 9 a.m., and even then it only increased to a near gale, or occasionally gale force (defined as 39-46 mph), with gusts up to 50 mph.

Johan

Fabo.sk Jan 31, 2022 8:32 am

Originally Posted by Concerto (Post 33950514)
Wondering how everything is going with you lot up there. I flew into DUS yesterday with SWISS and it was only 10 minutes late. No mention of the weather (ZRH totally calm and sunny).

Yesterday was very nice out. I managed the first couple miles of open-top motoring for this year.
Today the view outside the window is very different. It's not terrible though.

nldogbert Feb 16, 2022 4:21 am

Hi,
Anyone having any early info on the cancellations coming Friday due to Storm Eunice hitting NL? I have a flight on Friday night to BUD - so am quite worried that it'll get cancelled.
Can't find any information yet on both KLM and Schiphol.

Cheers!

sbams Feb 16, 2022 5:01 am

Cancellations will only be done 1 day ahead so you'll have to wait until tomorrow for more info. Good luck!

Xandrios Feb 16, 2022 7:28 am

Thanks for the heads up. Flying Saturday morning - probably wise to keep an eye on this.

bioyuki Feb 16, 2022 9:15 am

Flying KL 606 on 2/18 and UX 1098 on 2/19 so watching this closely. I'm assuming long haul flights will hopefully be OK? Is that fair assumption or will winds cause issues?

bioyuki Feb 16, 2022 10:23 am

Worst case scenario, if flights do get cancelled, does KL autorebook or do I have to deal with phone queues? Will they rebook on KL only or are AF and other partner flights eligible? Sorry for the noob questions, first time KL flyer here.

Fabo.sk Feb 16, 2022 10:27 am

They should autorebook but whether the solution will be feasible is not sure. They definitely will do it on AF, and quite possibly on other airlines as well. ST easier than otherwise.

Longhauls are less likely to be cancelled.

jerry_greece Feb 16, 2022 2:02 pm

From nltimes: "Storm Eunice will blow from noon on Friday. Eunice is sure to become an official storm. There will be a southwesterly storm with wind force 9 blowing along the entire west coast on Friday afternoon. In the evening, the wind will change, and Eunice will reach its peak. Wind force 10 may be measured on the west coast, with gusts of 120 to 140 kilometers per hour. There is a slight chance of wind force 11 on the Wadden. Inland will see wind force 6 to 8 with 90 to 120 kilometers per hour gusts. Eunice will calm down from the south during the night to Saturday."

I do have a Friday evening flight out of AMS and I am starting not to hope too much.

bioyuki Feb 16, 2022 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by jerry_greece (Post 33997882)
From nltimes: "Storm Eunice will blow from noon on Friday. Eunice is sure to become an official storm. There will be a southwesterly storm with wind force 9 blowing along the entire west coast on Friday afternoon. In the evening, the wind will change, and Eunice will reach its peak. Wind force 10 may be measured on the west coast, with gusts of 120 to 140 kilometers per hour. There is a slight chance of wind force 11 on the Wadden. Inland will see wind force 6 to 8 with 90 to 120 kilometers per hour gusts. Eunice will calm down from the south during the night to Saturday."

I do have a Friday evening flight out of AMS and I am starting not to hope too much.

I read the same article. Well I hope KL 605 goes out Friday morning before the storm hits, and things calm down for KL 606 to land and for me to connect on Saturday. But storms can slow down or accelerate. Fingers crossed. I wonder if KLM will proactively book me onto the AF flights through CDG

jerry_greece Feb 17, 2022 2:31 am

There is a (not useful) message on Schiphol website that delays will occur today (17th). Things are not thaaaat bad yet though.

https://www.schiphol.nl/en/messages/...ay-february-17

irishguy28 Feb 17, 2022 2:43 am

Originally Posted by jerry_greece (Post 33999310)
There is a (not useful) message on Schiphol website that delays will occur today (17th). Things are not thaaaat bad yet though.

https://www.schiphol.nl/en/messages/...ay-february-17

Today's delays are due to Storm Dudley.

Eunice doesn't arrive until tomorrow.

jerry_greece Feb 17, 2022 2:48 am

Yeah I know, that's why I wrote that it's not that useful. Heard from a friend that landed this morning that they had severe crosswinds, plus they had a 300km/h tail-wind! #prayforEunice

Fabo.sk Feb 17, 2022 3:02 am

Originally Posted by bioyuki (Post 33997969)
I read the same article. Well I hope KL 605 goes out Friday morning before the storm hits, and things calm down for KL 606 to land and for me to connect on Saturday. But storms can slow down or accelerate. Fingers crossed. I wonder if KLM will proactively book me onto the AF flights through CDG

Calling in and asking is worth a try. I've done it once or twice where my flights were not impacted but it seemed possible they will be, and I was rerouted without issue.

jerry_greece Feb 17, 2022 8:13 am

First wave of cancellations is in. Mostly shorthaul so far and mostly the evening ones.