Search

Website login problem

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2016, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: hilton, hyatt, ihg, accor, best western, marriott, starwood
Website login problem

Hi,

I go to klm.com and i click flying blue link in navigation. there is no login link on top. when i click award booking, the page has a blank section on top because it is supposed to log me in but it's not log me in. Do anyone see this problem? or it's just me? i do have my popup and java enabled to accept popup.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 6:11 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Accor Gold
Try not using Chrome if you are

I had similar situation when using Chrome, but it mainly about the captcha that was not supported; when I turned to IE, everything goes well
Old Sep 9, 2016, 8:03 am

I have issues with KLM website from time to time in Chrome, deleting the *.klm.com cookies resolves the issue... until the next time few days/weeks later.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 8:08 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
I had this problem yesterday (not Chrome) for just a short time. After I came back a while later it was OK again.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 5:31 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Lately, I have been unable to log on to KLM using IE (11), as the Captcha check box does not appear. But I can log in using Firefox.

I find that more and more website designers/programmers are becoming 'lazy' these days - it's all to easy now to blame IE (or Chrome) for being non-standard. These guys should man up to the task: websites should work with whatever browser the users prefer ... and they should be tested!

-- Henry
Old Sep 16, 2016, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by Henry III
These guys should man up to the task: websites should work with whatever browser the users prefer ... and they should be tested!
It's not so simple as it sounds, especially with new versions of firefox/chrome released all the time, major changes to IE between versions, and ohh wait... there is also safari, opera, etc. etc.
It also a lot of the times depend on which extensions you have installed, what cookies are stored on your pc and many more factors, so even if a someone will test the website functionality for a week he will not be able to detect an issue an end user will see after doing some sequence of actions etc.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
They should just drop the stupid and unnecessary Captcha step
Old Sep 18, 2016, 6:26 am

Programs: Flying Blue PFL; IHG Rewards Club Diamond; HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by irishguy28
They should just drop the stupid and unnecessary Captcha step
Especially as Captcha is blocked in China, which is a relatively major market. This makes login impossible unless you have a LinkedIn account (Facebook and Twitter are also blocked). I have asked KLM about this over the past six months and they just say that they are working on it.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 7:18 pm

Today, there is no "Log In" button appearing at all on the KLM home page (neither in IE 11 nor in Firefox)!

No (easy) way to access my account. So I tried going through the "Flying Blue" link button, via the various options to get to "Book an Award," at which stage I was presented with some gobbledegook in Korean!

Tried changing country/language, but to no avail. In the end, I had to login via the Air France site. All to get an option for a GLA-BKK r/t in J, going out via Shanghai (33+ hours) and back via Jakarta (29+ hours) for 200,000 miles.

Hrmmph.

-- Henry
Old Sep 27, 2016, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has worked just fine for me both yesterday and today, but on the other hand OLCI was an epic struggle involving both the KL and AF sites.

Johan
Old Sep 27, 2016, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
maybe they just wanted you to check in at the airport....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-f...ort-check.html

Old Oct 24, 2016, 3:10 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by Ardecos
Especially as Captcha is blocked in China, which is a relatively major market. This makes login impossible unless you have a LinkedIn account (Facebook and Twitter are also blocked). I have asked KLM about this over the past six months and they just say that they are working on it.
22 October:: the Captcha was blocked in China- no way to access klm.com
Not an IE or Chrome issue, but seems the Captcha is blocked by the "Great Firewall" I was forced to use VPN
China is one of their big markets !
Old Oct 24, 2016, 3:59 am

The login links at the top are loaded asynchronously -- sometimes they're a little sluggish and you need to just wait a bit.

Otherwise, try logging in on this page: https://www.klm.com/ams/account/secu...eSummaryFB.htm
Old Oct 24, 2016, 12:39 pm

Programs: Flying Blue PFL; IHG Rewards Club Diamond; HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by MANman
22 October:: the Captcha was blocked in China- no way to access klm.com
Not an IE or Chrome issue, but seems the Captcha is blocked by the "Great Firewall" I was forced to use VPN
China is one of their big markets !
I think it is because Captcha is either a Google product, or Google-related and hence blocked in China. Depending on where you are VPN may or may not work. Last time I was in China it worked in Chengdu but not in Beijing. So far, using LinkedIn is the only reliable way of getting onto the KLM Website that I have found.

It does seem that KLM are thoroughly disinterested in finding an alternative mechanism.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by Ardecos
It does seem that KLM are thoroughly disinterested in finding an alternative mechanism.
Maybe not so much disinterested but unable to find a solution!

I work in IT (though not website stuff) and I really understand how difficult it is to keep up with manufacturer-driven changes ...

But, hey! These so-called IT experts are paid good wages: if they don't (or can't) do their job, fire them! There are plenty of good programmers around who can really do the stuff (those who can read instructions, guidelines, etc), and who are prepared to test their software before releasing it.

Is this the beginning of the End of the West? "I have a piece of paper that says I can write software." So, pay me €70,000* per annum and I'll screw your system. Or: "I don't have a piece of paper, but I have all these references ..." Pay me €50,000* and I'll get the job done!

Wake up, world! Why are we still servants to the system? (The system that tells us that idiots are clever, and that those who have economics degrees are the best bankers.)

-- Henry

* Actual values chose at random - representative for the sake of argument.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.