Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why is KLM business class within Europe so expensive?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2022, 8:53 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
I'm not even confused by how much more expensive KLM is compared to LHg, but how expensive it is compared to AF.

Flight within Europe connecting at AMS = 900€
Same day, same origin and destination connecting at CDG = 500€. Almost half.

Sometimes you get A-AMS-CDG-B and it's still half the price on AF even if it's the exact same flights! Just AF marketed.
So true! And at AF the minimum J class return price is 466€ (233€ each way), while for KL it’s usually 700€. Basically AF sells “Business Standard” fares while KL only sells “Business Flex”.
Old May 24, 2022, 9:50 am

KL also sells "standard" fares, but they seem to not have them available a lot of the time.
Old May 24, 2022, 10:15 am

Programs: FB Plat, ALL Silver, HH Silver
Originally Posted by CyBeR
KL also sells "standard" fares, but they seem to not have them available a lot of the time.

Unless it's changed, I have only ever seen full fare business tix with KLM. It makes sense when you look at the 'benefits' between KLM and AF to the same European destination. KLM seem to only offer flexible tickets as a standard, hence higher price.
Old May 24, 2022, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by Lawrious
Unless it's changed, I have only ever seen full fare business tix with KLM. It makes sense when you look at the 'benefits' between KLM and AF to the same European destination. KLM seem to only offer flexible tickets as a standard, hence higher price.
Again it depends a lot on where you're going and when. Some destinations appear to never have standard tickets available but others (like BCN) do. But even then not for every flight.
Old May 25, 2022, 12:46 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by CyBeR
Again it depends a lot on where you're going and when. Some destinations appear to never have standard tickets available but others (like BCN) do. But even then not for every flight.
Yes some do seem to have it, but even in the rare situation you find one, it’s still more expensive than AF’s “Business Standard” fares in almost all scenarios. The minimum AF fare is currently 233€, for KL it’s usually above 340€.
Fabo.sk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.