Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Confirmed: KLM introduces Economy Comfort short-haul

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2013, 12:47 pm

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by irishguy28
The fact that it was an AF ticket should not have prevented you from selecting your seat prior to online check-in opening. Did you try accessing your booking via the KLM website?

Given that most people now realise they can select their seats in advance on short haul, it's perhaps not surprising that, when one waits until online check-in opens, only middle seats remain.
Of course I tried to do it also via KL's website. The problems persisted from the time of booking
Old Mar 25, 2013, 1:16 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
I was just wondering how large the EC zone actually is on flights to Paris, as besides EB they also have Premium Economy on these flights.

Going by my recent AF flights, the curtain is usually located near row 10 which would mean that the EC zone would be relatively small.

Gajan
Old Mar 26, 2013, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Xandrios
The AMS-CDG route is excluded from the ASR functionality, unfortunately
Oh - I did not know that - it's been quite a while since I've been to/through CDG.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Given that most people now realise they can select their seats in advance on short haul, it's perhaps not surprising that, when one waits until online check-in opens, only middle seats remain.
I'm booked on one of those F70 flights where you can only select seats aft of the EER. At T-72 I moved myself to row 5. At OLCI I was still the only one seated forward of the EER, bar a couple of pax in EB.

Johan
Old Mar 26, 2013, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by johan rebel
I'm booked on one of those F70 flights where you can only select seats aft of the EER. At T-72 I moved myself to row 5. At OLCI I was still the only one seated forward of the EER, bar a couple of pax in EB.

Johan
At least you can select the EER for your F70 flight!

For my next F70 flight, I get the following message on the website:

For the same flight a few weeks later, though, it happily confines me to the EER (I can't even select seats "aft" of the EER - it's the EER, and only the EER!!!).

Perhaps when I officially lose my Platinum status on Monday, things will change - for the better!
Old Mar 26, 2013, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Perhaps when I officially lose my Platinum status on Monday, things will change - for the better!
What's the world coming to when the loss of top tier ff status is considered an improvement!

Johan
Old Mar 27, 2013, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Due to a schedule change, I just OLCI'd much later than usual. Only three pax + myself in the entire EC zone, and quite a few middle seats free aft of the EER.

I'm curious to see what the EC load will turn out to be.

Johan
Old Mar 27, 2013, 3:17 pm

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
I got row 14, 16 or 17 available as the only options on a F70. I sure hope I'll have better options during checkin tomorrow morning.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I started out or row 14 or so. At T-72 I moved myself to 5D. Next time I checked, 5E was taken, so I moved to 5C. Changed to a later flight, then back again. Now I had a choice of EER 11 only, no other options. At the gate I got an OpUp to 4A, flight left with both 5C and 5D empty. Go figure.

Johan
Old Mar 27, 2013, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At the gate I got an OpUp to 4A, flight left with both 5C and 5D empty. Go figure.
KLM must love you! I have never heard of op-ups from an economy cabin that was not full.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 12:57 am

I started out or row 14 or so. At T-72 I moved myself to 5D.
I can't even change my seat anymore now, so I have to wait for checkin to open.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

KLM must love you!
Or else I just totally confused them, changing my flights back and forth throughout the morning. I ended up with three different tickets, all of which I had checked in online for at some point.

Johan
Old Mar 28, 2013, 4:06 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold
Note that while they will still give you the "preferred seats" for "free" if booked prior to March 1, the system will keep moving you to the back of the plane automatically. I've had to call twice now to reclaim my aisle seat towards the front of the plane that I originally booked, even though now there's a surcharge. The system keeps automatically moving me to middle seats at the rear.

Gotta love the benefits of Elite+ status!!
Old Mar 28, 2013, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Perhaps that's FB (Facebook, not Flying Blue) intervening to seat you next to someone they really think you should meet...
Old Mar 28, 2013, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by mfkne
I can't even change my seat anymore now, so I have to wait for checkin to open.
And as if by magic, at checkin I can choose from ALL seats (EER at a fee of course). Crazy stuff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.