Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Confirmed: KLM introduces Economy Comfort short-haul

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2013, 12:19 pm

Programs: DL GM, SK EBG
Very strange turn of events ...

I just looked up my bookings for the next many weeks, and for every one of the flights, I have preassigned seating in the EC section. Either KLM changed something or they may change my seating closer to checkin, OR I am just being extremely lucky.

Maybe I should spend a few euros on a Eurojackpot ticket !!
Old Jan 7, 2013, 1:08 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Blue Platinum for Life.. BA Gold , oh and some other shiny bits of plastic ...
Last week I came back from WAW to AMS , before OLCI opened flight was looking empty .. and only 2 seats were taken in EC , once boarding started EVERY seat was filled with what i can certainly say were infrequent flyers ... only 1 other Plat elite were on the flight as he was in the lounge ...he was sat in 3C ( the only other seat shown as taken on OLCI ) The more worrying thing was there 2 delta gold members stuck in 7 E/F the row behind EC, so the check in staff at WAW were happily filling EC with passengers of no status (was confirmed by the purser ) and people with status were not given the seats ... the whole system does not appear to work at all ... the flight was under by 7 seats in the end , all of which were in the back of the aircraft ...
Old Jan 7, 2013, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EUCommuter
I just looked up my bookings for the next many weeks, and for every one of the flights, I have preassigned seating in the EC section
I just took a look at a flight where I had forgotten to select a seat, and indeed, I've been pre-assigned the C seat in the first row of EC. KL have also preassigned A, B and D, so it looks like they just start with the first seat and then fill them with Elites in order, thus making sure to make some happy by cramming them into middle seats. All other EC seats further back are available.

I've dediced that I'm not going to bother with this nonsense until T-72, when the curtain will have been moved forward releasing more seats at the front for me to pick. On the flights I take EB is guaranteed to comrpise of fewer than six rows (on my most recent flight there were exactly zero pax in EB), so seats will be available.

Johan
Old Jan 7, 2013, 2:48 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Since T-72 i'm not able to access the seatselection of my upcoming flight. I'm happy with my EER seat but nevertheless..it's strange that you cannot access the seatmap and make changes.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 2:21 am

Programs: DL GM, SK EBG
Originally Posted by johan rebel
I've dediced that I'm not going to bother with this nonsense until T-72, when the curtain will have been moved forward releasing more seats at the front for me to pick.
Well, good luck with that. When I tried to select a different seat in EC (from a preallocated EC seat) the essence of the web response was: what you see is what you get, anything else in EC cost money.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EUCommuter
Well, good luck with that.
Thank you.

Had no problems this morning moving from row 6 to 3. EB had been reduced to the minimum two rows (I'm not surprised), EC rows 3-7 (three seats out of 30 taken, mine included), with Y from row 8 onwards (39/84), except for EER 11 (1/6, either a PE or somebody wno needs to have his head examined).

Will be interesting to see how many pax end up seated in EC, and whether they look like elites.

Johan
Old Jan 14, 2013, 5:37 am

Programs: FB-LTPE
We all know now that EC seats are filled up with non-FFers on full flights as I had on the 3 full flights I took since EC was launched.

What could make this treat more interesting are reports on how (un)succesful this new concept may be, although it is difficult to assess as many pax may buy the EC seats at OLCI. For the 4 flights I have coming weekend, seat maps show 4, 5, 3, 4 EC seats occupied. Exit rows seats: 0, 1, 2, 0 occupied.

What also could be more interested to hear if G and S FFers will start to receive automatic "upgrades" to EC, which I believe KLM should implement soon to make this new product more fair to its frequen flyers.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 6:15 am

Programs: FB Platinum For Life, HH Diamond
Two KLM SH flights with EC, one in December, one today.

December. I was travelling with a partner (FBG) and we complained at check-in that we couldn't sit together. The check-in agent said that she's make a note that we should be considered for an upgrade. Flight was full, we were upgraded to row 2 next to each other in C (no other C amenities than the free middle seat, though).

Today. Flight was about 75% full in Y and not a single seat in C taken (four rows). Five rows of EC, i.e., 30 seats. About 20 people sitting in EC, none who were obviously non-elite. EER completely empty. An American lady in EC told the purser that she had just arrived from the US and needed sleep, she wanted to move to one of the empty C rows, but wasn't allowed. Instead, they let her lie down in the EER with a blanket.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 6:27 am

Programs: FB Platinum For Life, HH Diamond
I checked my next six flights (between 1 Feb and 8 Mar):
  1. E190; no EC; EER 4 seats of which 3 taken; I was autoassigned an EER seat
  2. 737; EC 12 seats of which 2 taken; EER 6 seats of which 0 taken; I was autoassigned an EC seat
  3. 737; EC 12 seats of which 1 taken; EER 6 seats of which 0 taken; I was autoassigned an EC seat
  4. 737; EC 12 seats of which 1 taken; EER 6 seats of which 0 taken; I was autoassigned an EC seat
  5. E190; no EC, EER 4 seats of which 1 taken; I had not been assigned a seat
  6. 737; EC 12 seats of which none taken; EER 6 seats of which none taken; I was not assigned a seat
Old Jan 14, 2013, 7:18 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Originally Posted by fb175091
I checked my next six flights (between 1 Feb and 8 Mar):
  1. E190; no EC; EER 4 seats of which 3 taken; I was autoassigned an EER seat
  2. 737; EC 12 seats of which 2 taken; EER 6 seats of which 0 taken; I was autoassigned an EC seat
  3. 737; EC 12 seats of which 1 taken; EER 6 seats of which 0 taken; I was autoassigned an EC seat
  4. 737; EC 12 seats of which 1 taken; EER 6 seats of which 0 taken; I was autoassigned an EC seat
  5. E190; no EC, EER 4 seats of which 1 taken; I had not been assigned a seat
  6. 737; EC 12 seats of which none taken; EER 6 seats of which none taken; I was not assigned a seat
I presume that in scenario 2, 3 and 4 you are the seatholder in EC?
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NB00
as many pax may buy the EC seats at OLCI.
Only KL knows for sure, but I think it is highly unlikely that many would on my regular 1h flight AMS-CPH. If the EER is anything to go buy, the willingness to pay will be just about zero.

Johan
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:16 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Originally Posted by johan rebel
EER
Excuse my ignorance, but what is EER an abbreviation of?
Old Jan 15, 2013, 1:13 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Cupart
Excuse my ignorance, but what is EER an abbreviation of?
Emergency Exit Row.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 3:18 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Emergency Exit Row.
Thanks man ^
Old Jan 15, 2013, 8:50 am

Programs: FB plf; IB oro; LA black
Flew AMS TXL return this weel-end.

Saturday flight load was low (#50%) in Y. Was invited by the flight-attendant to seat where I wanted... Did not move as my seat (row 8 was fine).

Sunday flight seemed to be more than 95% in Y, few free seats in Y+, nothing occured. By the way another time row 8 and this time very poor pitch (strange isn't it?).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.