Wiki Posts
Search

Up or down on 747

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2011, 7:07 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by KL895
Johan,

I've tried this "trick" for a few flights but never managed to pull the seat map from those machines (having already checked in online). Do you know by heart which option to choose in order to actually get an overview of the free seats and chance my initial choice?

Would be helpful as somehow I never could get in done.

Thanks,

Remco
After scanning your boarding pass, usually there is an option 'change your seat' or something like that and I always manage with that.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 8:53 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
After scanning your boarding pass, usually there is an option 'change your seat' or something like that and I always manage with that.
Thanks Ralph,

The most suitable option I´ve been given until now was "reprint boarding pass" or something like that, so I guess I've just been on flights with no more space to switch around at the time I checked. I'll keep on trying!
Old Dec 12, 2011, 4:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Cathay - Diamond
Originally Posted by johan rebel
The distribution of pax between the two C cabins can at times be very uneven, with the UD being (almost) full and the nose almost empty, or vice versa. At AMS it pays to stop at one of the many e-transfer machines en route to the gate, and if necessary change your seat to one in the emptiest cabin. The only risk it that it will fill up with the junior FA's sister's neighbor's boyfriend's cat's vet's mother and other inelligible Y pax as soon as the doors close.

Johan
I thought KLM have strict policy to not upgrade anyone unless the lower cabin is overbooked
Old Dec 13, 2011, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Both are fine. Upper deck is an upper deck, nice on all airlines. Lower deck is nicer than on most airlines. It used to be the 'Royal class' part of the aircraft and it still shows in a way - while as others have mentioned, there are occasional 'intruders' aiming for the toilet, the cabin itself feels more spacious and more private than the upper deck (it has fewer seats and the less straightfoward layout gives it a bit more of a clubby feel than upstairs. Not sure what led to the comment earlier about children being sat downstairs. I have had children sitting both upstairs and downstairs it makes no difference so I think it was just the poster being (un)lucky one way or another.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bendachentaiwan
I thought KLM have strict policy to not upgrade anyone unless the lower cabin is overbooked
No doubt, but the funny thing is that they must have forgotten to tell the cabin crew about it. Or else the latter, being Dutch, are oostindisch doof.

Johan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.