Wiki Posts
Search

No Meals on my Award Flight !!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2010, 2:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Mucci des tres pathetiques
Originally Posted by Davee58
Several people have replied stating that I must be mistaken, but nobody who has actually experienced the "No Inflight-Meal" situation on an award booking.

Obviously I would like to be certain what the situation is. My booking specifically states "No Inflight Meal", Why??

"What was the point of your post if you're just going to email KLM anyway? "
Because I wish to share the views of experienced flyers like yourself, I thought that was the whole reason for Flyertalk...

btw The link you provide to KLM catering is a fantasy view of the KLM in-flight food.
From memory the standard offering is "Chicken or Beef", and I always select the wrong one...
You. Will. Get. A. Meal.

The link tells you what to expect when flying KLM economy. The fact that you're on a reward ticket makes no difference whatsoever!
Old Aug 2, 2010, 4:28 am

Programs: FB LTPE, hhonors diamond, hertz 5*, Thalysthecard Platinium, A-club Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by tjobbe
The good thing: in case you do not get a meal you can get chocolates, candy and crackers at the galley during KL flights of that length

Cheers, Tjobbe
Or raid the duty free cart where you can get 1 euro chocolate bars, toblerone, stroopwafels.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tjobbe
The good thing: in case you do not get a meal you can get chocolates, candy and crackers at the galley during KL flights of that length
Much as I like chocolate, I would hesitate to describe that as good in any situation; and, much as I like chocolate, I would defintely not describe it as good where KL's Snack Break basket is concerned. Poor quality, even by junk food standards. (Something may of course have changed dramatically in the year since I stopped flying them longhaul, but if so, it is sure to be for the worse).

Johan
Old Aug 2, 2010, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
From memory the standard offering is "Chicken or Beef", and I always select the wrong one...
That suggests that either your memory is not fully reliable or you haven't flown KLM for a very long time - the quasi universal choice in economy on this temple of gastronomy is chicken or pasta I'm afraid.

And I'm sure many people (including myself) have indeed experienced the 'no meal' message on their itineraries (not just award, any itinerary). I think that KLM considers that their 'duty to inform' stops at the flight number and times. Everything else is either wrong (mileage, meal, etc) or inexistant (no aircraft type).
Old Aug 2, 2010, 9:50 am

Programs: LH FTL, HH ♢, HGP P, Accor P
IT glitches...

Happens with other airlines too, experienced it on a NW executed KL flight in the past; of course, a meal was served... chicken or pasta indeed... pasta was always the better choice then
Old Aug 3, 2010, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Gold, Accor Platinum.
At last I have a reply from KLM:
----------------
Dear Mr Dave

We would like to inform that on all flights of duration over 2 hours and 30 minutes a meal is offered.

When the system says "no meal", it means that you did not make any special request regarding meals.

Should you actually wish to make that type of request, your Flying Blue team remains at your disposal either by telephone on (+ 44) 0870 24 29 242 from the United Kingdom or by fax on (+33) 1 58 68 68 00.

----------------

So that's all right then, though it does not explain why the return flights had a meal detailed.

Old Aug 3, 2010, 10:28 am
Suspended

Programs: Mucci des tres pathetiques
The confirmation quite clearly says "no meal". if you get given a meal by mistake I suggest you do the honourable thing and refuse it.

At last I have a reply from KLM:
----------------
Dear Mr Dave

We would like to inform that on all flights of duration over 2 hours and 30 minutes a meal is offered.

When the system says "no meal", it means that you did not make any special request regarding meals.

Should you actually wish to make that type of request, your Flying Blue team remains at your disposal either by telephone on (+ 44) 0870 24 29 242 from the United Kingdom or by fax on (+33) 1 58 68 68 00.

----------------

So that's all right then, though it does not explain why the return flights had a meal detailed.

Old Aug 3, 2010, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by Kamal Toe
The confirmation quite clearly says "no meal". if you get given a meal by mistake I suggest you do the honourable thing and refuse it.
I would be more than happy to do that if I could take a decent sandwich and bottle of wine in my carry on luggage.

I have taken my own sandwich onboard Sabena (European) flights many years ago, after their "New Era of Catering Excellence" campaign replaced the plate of smoked salmon with a strange spherical ham sandwich smaller than a golf ball and sealed in a plastic bag.

Anyway, happy to have the assurance that I will not starve, so I shall look forward to the pleasures of KLM in-flight catering.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh . . . OK, that's absolutely clear and logical. Any child ought to have understood that at once.

Johan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.